Performs general cleaning duties and related services in-Resident and non-Resident areas.
- Effectively performs a variety of housekeeping functions including mopping, dusting, sanitizing, wiping, scrubbing, buffing, and other manual jobs on floors, walls, beds, furniture, fixtures etc.
- Performs Resident room cleaning and discharge cleaning.
- Operates floor-cleaning machinery to maintain hard flooring and carpets.
- Collects and disposes of regular and medical wastes at loading dock.
- Replenishes soap, paper towels, toilet paper and other supplies as needed.
- Maintains housekeeping cart and equipment.
- Hangs drapes and curtains and moves furniture as necessary.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Previous work experience preferred.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Ability to understand oral and written instructions in English. Strong professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare team.
Exposure to dirt, dust, odors and infectious disease and may be required to work in aseptic areas.
Daily potential exposure to blood and/or body fluids.
Sitting – Rarely
Standing/Walking – Frequently
Kneeling/Stooping – Rarely
Bending/Climbing – Rarely
Reaching above shoulder, at waist or below waist – Rarely
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling up to 40 pounds – Rarely
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling over 40 pounds – Rarely
Typing/Filing – Never
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
CentraState Healthcare System prohibits discrimination based on arbitrary consideration of such characteristics such as race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), affectual or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or limitation, medical condition, genetic information, or veteran or military status, as well as any other legally protected class of persons and acts, in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws.