Performs general cleaning duties and related services in-Resident and non-Resident areas.
- Effectively performs a variety of housekeeping functions including mopping, dusting, sanitizing, wiping, scrubbing, buffing, and other manual jobs on floors, walls, beds, furniture, fixtures etc.
- Performs Resident room cleaning and discharge cleaning.
- Operates floor-cleaning machinery to maintain hard flooring and carpets.
- Collects and disposes of regular and medical wastes at loading dock.
- Replenishes soap, paper towels, toilet paper and other supplies as needed.
- Maintains housekeeping cart and equipment.
- Hangs drapes and curtains and moves furniture as necessary.
- Assembles set ups as requested by departments.
- Distributes clean linen and collects and stores dirty linen for pick up.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent preferred
One-year clinical experience in accredited hospital with OR cleaning experience preferred
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Ability to understand oral/written instructions in English.
Knowledgeable on proper PPE and OR attire.
Ability to understand the operation of some equipment and machinery and ability function independently.
Strong professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare team.
Exposure to dirt, dust, odors and infectious disease and may be required to work in aseptic areas.
Daily potential exposure to blood and/or body fluids.
Sitting – Rarely
Standing/Walking – Continually
Kneeling/Stooping – Frequently
Bending/Climbing – Frequently
Reaching above shoulder, at waist or below waist – Frequently
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling up to 40 pounds – Frequently
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling over 40 pounds – Rarely
Typing/Filing – Never
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
At CentraState, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
Additionally, CentraState Healthcare System prohibits discrimination based on arbitrary consideration of such characteristics such as race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), affectual or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or limitation, medical condition, genetic information, or veteran or military status, as well as any other legally protected class of persons and acts, in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws.