Oversees the Infection Control program for the Medical Center.
- Acts as resource to hospital personnel and community regarding infection control issues.
- Counsels individuals having HIV testing and/or HIV disease.
- Maintains records and prepares reports related to infection control data.
- Develops and conducts in-service education programs, in conjunction with staff development, on subjects pertinent to infection control policies.
- Reports all required data to local and state authorities in a timely manner.
- Informs Infection Control Committee members of pertinent problems in their areas and assists in the management and follow-up on these problems.
- Develops and circulates minutes of the Infection Control Committee Meetings as facilitator of this committee.
- Performs epidemiologic investigations of all significant infection problems and makes appropriate recommendations to staff and physicians.
- Prepares and interprets all hospital infection control policies and procedures, ensuring compliance with OSHA, state, local and JCAHO infection control regulations.
- Coordinates, implements, educates and oversees hospital wide infection control program.
- Maintains close communication with the employee health department regarding infection control related issues.
Bachelor’s Degree Required
3 Years Clinical Nursing Experience
Additional Experience Requirements
Minimum of three years’ experience as a clinical nurse
Licenses and Certifications:
RN License / New Jersey Required
Certified Infection Control (CIC) certification Preferred And
HIV/AIDS certified counselor Preferred
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Knowledge of basic microbiology required. Familiarity with NJDOH, DEP, EPA and JCAHO regulations required. Strong professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare team.
Works in a normal office environment with intermittent exposure to patients with contagious diseases.
Potential for exposure to blood and/or body fluids.
Sitting – Occasionally
Standing/Walking – Occasionally
Kneeling/Stooping – Never
Bending/Climbing – Never
Typing/Filing – Rarely
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
CentraState Healthcare System prohibits discrimination based on arbitrary consideration of such characteristics such as race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), affectual or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or limitation, medical condition, genetic information, or veteran or military status, as well as any other legally protected class of persons and acts, in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws.