Maintains, prepares and processes billing records and bills for CentraState Healthcare System affiliates.
- Prepares and submits bills according to individual payor requirements.
- Prepares end-of-month reports for Finance.
- Distributes notice of non-coverage letters to residents who no longer require skilled care.
- Provides additional information requested by payors including Medical Records, Medicaid claim correction forms and claim adjustment forms.
- Checks Federal and State websites regularly for updates on regulation changes.
- Assists in preparing policies and procedures Actively visits MCBSS and MDO on problem accounts and other outside agencies as needed.
- Maintains a cash receipts journal for all cash deposits. Balances cash posting to daily deposits on a daily basis. Informs supervisor of any posting discrepancies.
- Investigates and responds to patient billing questions received by mail, phone, or in person in a timely manner.
- Represents facility in court on delinquent accounts and appeals when necessary.
- Reconciles and maintains Petty Cash.
- Maintains detailed daily census activity data and submits reports to Medicaid District Office, Monmouth County Board of Social Services or other entities as required.
- Maintains billing records in an organized manner.
- Coordinates, locates and organizes accounts and other documentation for internal, payor and other audits as requested.
- Monitors accounts and Accounts Receivable reports to identify accounts which require follow-up, adjustment, rebilling, refund, etc. and perform indicated duties.
- Actively participates in the collection of delinquent resident accounts by making phone calls, sending notices, etc.
- Identifies resident balances which are eligible for placement with an attorney or collection agency and provides documentation to Resident A/R Supervisor.
- Determines appropriate date to initiate Medicaid application, and makes application when necessary on behalf of the residents.
- Provides information to residents and/or responsible party regarding Medicaid regulations.
- Communicates with Monmouth County Board of Social Services and System Social Workers to effectuate prompt Medicaid enrollment and re-enrollment.
- Prepares and submits documentation to request the recoupment of any overpayments by Federal payors and/or refund other payors according to department policy.
- Prepares and submits the Medicare quarterly credit balance report.
- Maintains and reconciles Personal Needs Accounts monthly, including the distribution of quarterly statements as per state regulations.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two years experience in medical billing required.
- Previous Sub-Acute/Long-Term Care Billing experience preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Ability to work with figures accurately and PC experience required.
- Strong customer service skills.
CentraState Healthcare System, a partner of Atlantic Health System, is a fully accredited, not-for-profit, community-based health system that provides comprehensive health services in the central New Jersey region. In addition to offering a full range of leading-edge diagnostic and treatment options, CentraState serves as a valuable health partner focused on the latest ways to prevent disease, promote healthy behaviors, and help people of all ages live life well. Based in Freehold, CentraState is comprised of a 284-bed acute-care hospital, a vibrant health and wellness campus, three award-winning senior living communities, a charitable foundation, and convenient satellite health pavilions offering primary care and specialty physician practices, along with access to outpatient services, such as lab and physical therapy. The system also offers a family medicine residency and geriatric fellowship training program in affiliation with Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. Among its many honors and accreditations, CentraState is one of less than two percent of hospitals nationwide to earn Magnet® designation for nursing excellence four times and was designated a Great Place to Work-Certified™ Company by Great Place to Work® for the second consecutive year.
When you bring your talent to CentraState, you are joining a trailblazing healthcare facility, committed to providing high-quality, patient-focused care. Join us in making incredible strides in health care, and making a difference in our community. We believe in enriching the lives of our employees through work/life balance initiatives, tuition assistance, career advancement opportunities and much more.
Find out why our employees love their jobs and being part of the CentraState family!
What We Offer:
- Highly competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package and rewards program
- 403(b) retirement plan with company match
- 401(a) retirement plan with employer contribution
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Profit Sharing Program
- Growth Opportunity and Workforce Development Initiatives
- Continuing Education / Onsite Training
- A warm, welcoming company culture based upon mutual respect and a collaborative goal of providing excellent patient care
- Concierge Services with Work & Family Benefits
- Magnet recognized healthcare facility
At CentraState Healthcare System, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
CentraState Healthcare System, is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and, therefore, abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual or affectional orientation, national origin or nationality, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, protected veteran status, ancestry, marital status.