Assists the Nursing System and Staffing Coordinator with scheduling and payroll duties and provides general clerical assistance.
- Reviews staffing sheets, deciding if floors need additional staff, or are able to have staff cancelled or floated. Contacts additional staff as appropriate.
- Deals appropriately with the floors concerning sitters and 1:1s; obtaining coverage as needed. Files 1:1 paperwork in the appropriate binder, including discharges. Contacts floors for missing 1:1 orders.
- Assigns float pool appropriately based on unit needs. Enters assigned units for float pool and safety companions in the API scheduling system.
- Receives call-outs, makes a notation in the call-out log, and notifies the appropriate unit. Enters the call-out into the API system, accurately using UPTO or Unpaid Absence as appropriate. Crosses the employee off the staffing sheet and adjusts staffing number.
- Deals with special situations regarding inclement weather procedures, including travel advisory situations, and non-payment of weather-related call-outs. Appropriately handles telephone calls from staff seeking sleeping accommodations and/or travel assistance.
- Accurately enters all data into API scheduling system, including extra shifts, call-outs, switches, education, etc. Enters notes on the schedule as appropriate.
- Makes staffing rounds on the floors, communicating with nurse managers/clinical leaders/charge RNs regarding current staff and further staffing needs for the day.
- Keeps the API time & attendance system current, checking for missing swipes and special codes. Ensures that employees are coded for the proper type of shift and position and to the appropriate unit. Contacts employees and managers for missing information/swipes.
- Assists Nurse Managers in approving payroll by ensuring all critical and warning errors in API are handled appropriately and corrected as needed. Completes Monday morning payroll in a timely manner.
- Completes problem logs accurately and appropriately.
- Runs appropriate reports out of the API system, including staffing rosters and unit staffing sheets. After running the staffing sheets, accurately produces counts on staff.
- Covers phones in the nursing office as needed, ensuring that calls do not go unanswered. Retrieves messages from the staffing office voice mail and deals with them appropriately.
- Keeps accurate record of incentive shifts used and codes them appropriately in the API staffing system, enters them into the incentive log, and color-codes them on the staffing sheets.
- Accurately utilizes the Swift 911 system to contact staff via text/voice message/email. Remembers to make notation in “Calls Made” book and enters any positive responses in red.
- Deals with funeral homes that come to pick up remains, ensuring that all paperwork is completed as appropriate. Enters preliminary cause of death into Soarian.
- Accesses Soarian appropriately and run a House Census as needed.
- Coordinates with the NJHA Registry program to obtain agency staffing as needed. Reviews information obtained for agency staff, checking for accuracy and completeness and contacts agencies for missing information.
- Coordinates training/orientation for all new agency personnel.
- Enters information for Leaves of Absence into the API system, ensuring that employees are appropriately given EIB or PTO as directed by Employee Health. Gathers information of intermittent leaves and communicates this to Employee Health.
- Coordinates with Professional Development to ensure new staff is educated regarding proper API swiping procedures.
- Assists supervisor in training new personnel, ensuring that they are properly versed in all staffing office tasks and procedures.
- Conducts daily operations in the absence of the Supervisor.
High School Diploma Or Equivalent Required
1 Related Experience Required
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Ability to use standard office machines, including typewrites, copiers, multi-line phones and facsimile machines. Strong professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare te
Normal office environment.
No expected exposure to blood and/or body fluids.
Sitting – Continuously
Standing/Walking – Occasionally
Kneeling/Stooping – Rarely
Bending/Climbing – Rarely
Reaching above shoulder, at waist or below waist – Rarely
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling up to 40 pounds – Never
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling over 40 pounds – Never
Typing/Filing – Continuously
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
At CentraState, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
Additionally, CentraState Healthcare System prohibits discrimination based on arbitrary consideration of such characteristics such as race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), affectual or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or limitation, medical condition, genetic information, or veteran or military status, as well as any other legally protected class of persons and acts, in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws.