CentraState Healthcare System, headquartered in Freehold, New Jersey is a leading non – profit healthcare delivery system in New Jersey. The System includes CentraState Medical Center a community-based hospital, an ambulatory campus, three senior living facilities and three free-standing community health pavilions, and a charitable foundation. As the 3rd largest employer in Monmouth County, CentraState Healthcare System continues to live up to its reputation of being a truly great place to work recently designated a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company.
The nurse staffing office is seeking a Lead Office Assistant to assist the Nursing System and Staffing Coordinator with scheduling and payroll duties and provides general clerical assistance.
Schedule: 4 10-hour shifts including every other weekend rotation. Hours are 10am-8pm
- Reviews staffing sheets, deciding if floors need additional staff, or are able to have staff cancelled or floated. Contacts additional staff as appropriate.
- Deals appropriately with the floors concerning sitters and 1:1s; obtaining coverage as needed. Files 1:1 paperwork in the appropriate binder, including discharges. Contacts floors for missing 1:1 orders.
- Assigns float pool appropriately based on unit needs. Enters assigned units for float pool and safety companions in the API scheduling system.
- Receives call-outs, makes a notation in the call-out log, and notifies the appropriate unit. Enters the call-out into the API system, accurately using UPTO or Unpaid Absence as appropriate. Crosses the employee off the staffing sheet and adjusts staffing number.
- Deals with special situations regarding inclement weather procedures, including travel advisory situations, and non-payment of weather-related call-outs. Appropriately handles telephone calls from staff seeking sleeping accommodations and/or travel assistance.
- Accurately enters all data into API scheduling system, including extra shifts, call-outs, switches, education, etc. Enters notes on the schedule as appropriate.
- Makes staffing rounds on the floors, communicating with nurse managers/clinical leaders/charge RNs regarding current staff and further staffing needs for the day.
- Keeps the API time & attendance system current, checking for missing swipes and special codes. Ensures that employees are coded for the proper type of shift and position and to the appropriate unit. Contacts employees and managers for missing information/swipes.
- Assists Nurse Managers in approving payroll by ensuring all critical and warning errors in API are handled appropriately and corrected as needed. Completes Monday morning payroll in a timely manner.
- Completes problem logs accurately and appropriately.
- Runs appropriate reports out of the API system, including staffing rosters and unit staffing sheets. After running the staffing sheets, accurately produces counts on staff.
- Covers phones in the nursing office as needed, ensuring that calls do not go unanswered. Retrieves messages from the staffing office voice mail and deals with them appropriately.
- Keeps accurate record of incentive shifts used and codes them appropriately in the API staffing system, enters them into the incentive log, and color-codes them on the staffing sheets.
- Accurately utilizes the Swift 911 system to contact staff via text/voice message/email. Remembers to make notation in “Calls Made” book and enters any positive responses in red.
- Deals with funeral homes that come to pick up remains, ensuring that all paperwork is completed as appropriate. Enters preliminary cause of death into Soarian.
- Accesses Soarian appropriately and run a House Census as needed.
- Coordinates with the NJHA Registry program to obtain agency staffing as needed. Reviews information obtained for agency staff, checking for accuracy and completeness and contacts agencies for missing information.
- Coordinates training/orientation for all new agency personnel.
- Enters information for Leaves of Absence into the API system, ensuring that employees are appropriately given EIB or PTO as directed by Employee Health. Gathers information of intermittent leaves and communicates this to Employee Health.
- Coordinates with Professional Development to ensure new staff is educated regarding proper API swiping procedures.
- Assists supervisor in training new personnel, ensuring that they are properly versed in all staffing office tasks and procedures.
- Conducts daily operations in the absence of the Supervisor.
- High School Diploma Or Equivalent Required
- 1 Related Experience Required
- Ability to use standard office machines, including typewrites, copiers, multi-line phones and facsimile machines
- Strong professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare team
CentraState Healthcare System, a partner of Atlantic Health System, is a fully accredited, not-for-profit, community-based health system that provides comprehensive health services in the central New Jersey region. In addition to offering a full range of leading-edge diagnostic and treatment options, CentraState serves as a valuable health partner focused on the latest ways to prevent disease, promote healthy behaviors, and help people of all ages live life well. Based in Freehold, CentraState is comprised of a 284-bed acute-care hospital, a vibrant health and wellness campus, three award-winning senior living communities, a charitable foundation, and convenient satellite health pavilions offering primary care and specialty physician practices, along with access to outpatient services, such as lab and physical therapy. The system also offers a family medicine residency and geriatric fellowship training program in affiliation with Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. Among its many honors and accreditations, CentraState is one of less than two percent of hospitals nationwide to earn Magnet® designation for nursing excellence four times and was designated a Great Place to Work-Certified™ Company by Great Place to Work® for the second consecutive year.
When you bring your talent to CentraState, you are joining a trailblazing healthcare facility, committed to providing high-quality, patient-focused care. Join us in making incredible strides in health care, and making a difference in our community. We believe in enriching the lives of our employees through work/life balance initiatives, tuition assistance, career advancement opportunities and much more.
Find out why our employees love their jobs and being part of the CentraState family!
What We Offer:
- Highly competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package and rewards program
- 403(b) retirement plan with company match
- 401(a) retirement plan with employer contribution
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Profit Sharing Program
- Growth Opportunity and Workforce Development Initiatives
- Continuing Education / Onsite Training
- A warm, welcoming company culture based upon mutual respect and a collaborative goal of providing excellent patient care
- Concierge Services with Work & Family Benefits
- Magnet recognized healthcare facility
At CentraState Healthcare System, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
CentraState Healthcare System, is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and, therefore, abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual or affectional orientation, national origin or nationality, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, protected veteran status, ancestry, marital status.