To ensure accurate and timely review of charges for surgical services.
- Provides administrative support for the Department of Surgery and Perioperative Areas by assisting in department functions, special projects, and business meetings.
- Assists in the creation and maintenance of a variety of Perioperative data collection processes. Customizes reports as requested. Prepares reports as requested by Perioperative leadership and Surgery Department physicians.
- Oversees Clerical support staff, reviews scheduled cases with special needs for approved implants, participates in hiring of Clerical support staff team, prepares schedule and approves PTO. Insures for accurate entry of charges and post case data. Ensures non-cat/misc. charges are completed in a timely manner. Maintains PMM database. Ensures the CDM has CS inventory. Works collaboratively with PFS to ensure proper billing/charging records. Maintains account workqueues. Compliant with all CS/AHS charging guidelines.
- Attends Value Analysis weekly meetings, provides follow up to requesting surgeon of status of request. Verifies with Finance and Materials Management that approved items are imported into EPIC and properly assigned charge codes. Review related cases to insure charges are documented and billed.
- Participates in preparation of clerical support staff yearly evaluations.
- Demonstrates financial and budgetary compliance. Utilizes variety of AHS software applications to maintain databases and audit effectively. Troubleshoots application issues and facilitates timely repairs.
- Acts as a liaison for Perioperative staff, physicians, and hospital staff. Effectively communicates with passion/pride. Acts as an innovative resource and exceeds customer needs. Seeks out to develop knowledge base on upcoming business strategies.
- As part of the annual evaluation process, submits a list of year end accomplishments as well as goals that are reviewed and mutually agreed upon for the coming year.
- Use of computer applications: Proficient with API, Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word. Knowledge of ChartMaxx, EPIC, POU, and a basic knowledge of Crystal.
- Personal/ Professional growth will be maintained through AHS OD classes, in-service education, conferences, and literature. Must attend required number of mandatory meetings
- Other tasks which may be required: assignments that meet the needs of the department
- Must be able to tolerate long periods of sitting, standing and /or walking.
- High School Graduate or GED. Ability to read, write and speak English
- Associate degree in business or medical coding preferred
- 2+ years’ experience with charging, billing and/or finance. 2+ years in a lead role
- RHIT preferred
CentraState Healthcare System, a partner of Atlantic Health System, is a fully accredited, not-for-profit, community-based health system that provides comprehensive health services in the central New Jersey region. In addition to offering a full range of leading-edge diagnostic and treatment options, CentraState serves as a valuable health partner focused on the latest ways to prevent disease, promote healthy behaviors, and help people of all ages live life well. Based in Freehold, CentraState is comprised of a 284-bed acute-care hospital, a vibrant health and wellness campus, three award-winning senior living communities, a charitable foundation, and convenient satellite health pavilions offering primary care and specialty physician practices, along with access to outpatient services, such as lab and physical therapy. The system also offers a family medicine residency and geriatric fellowship training program in affiliation with Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. Among its many honors and accreditations, CentraState is one of less than two percent of hospitals nationwide to earn Magnet® designation for nursing excellence four times and was designated a Great Place to Work-Certified™ Company by Great Place to Work® for the second consecutive year.
When you bring your talent to CentraState, you are joining a trailblazing healthcare facility, committed to providing high-quality, patient-focused care. Join us in making incredible strides in health care, and making a difference in our community. We believe in enriching the lives of our employees through work/life balance initiatives, tuition assistance, career advancement opportunities and much more.
Find out why our employees love their jobs and being part of the CentraState family!
What We Offer:
- Highly competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package and rewards program
- 403(b) retirement plan with company match
- 401(a) retirement plan with employer contribution
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Profit Sharing Program
- Growth Opportunity and Workforce Development Initiatives
- Continuing Education / Onsite Training
- A warm, welcoming company culture based upon mutual respect and a collaborative goal of providing excellent patient care
- Concierge Services with Work & Family Benefits
- Magnet recognized healthcare facility
At CentraState Healthcare System, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
CentraState Healthcare System, is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and, therefore, abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual or affectional orientation, national origin or nationality, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, protected veteran status, ancestry, marital status.