Provides quality pharmaceutical services to patients, physicians, nurses and other health professionals in accordance with established professional standards. Assists Pharmacy Manager with daily operations.
- Processes (Reviews for appropriateness, Clarifies, Profiles, Verifies, and Dispenses) orders in a timely and accurate manner within established department standards.
- Consistently demonstrates good aseptic technique and prepares sterile preparations in a timely and accurate manner within the USP 797 and USP 800 requirements
- Performs Clinical Interventions based on P&T approved protocol and clinical / professional judgement.
- Actively supplies drug information and or consultations to physicians, nurses, other allied health care professionals and patients.
- Quality / Performance Improvement
- Actively participates in quality and performance improvement initiatives in the department.
- Assists the Lead Pharmacist and Manager with operational needs and projects.
- Regulatory / Professional Standards
- Complies with regulatory and professional standards.
- Provides recommendations on improvement in this area.
Bachelor’s Pharmacy Required
1 Year Hospital Experience Required
Licenses and Certifications:
Pharmacist license / New Jersey Required
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Strong professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare team. Proficiency in Word and Excel.
Works in a clean, well-lighted and ventilated area, possible exposure to hazardous materials.
Potential for exposure to blood and/or body fluids.
Sitting – Occasionally
Standing/Walking – Frequently
Kneeling/Stooping – Rarely
Bending/Climbing – Rarely
Reaching above shoulder, at waist or below waist – Rarely
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling up to 40 pounds – Rarely
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling over 40 pounds – Never
Typing/Filing – Occasionally
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
CentraState Healthcare System prohibits discrimination based on arbitrary consideration of such characteristics such as race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), affectual or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or limitation, medical condition, genetic information, or veteran or military status, as well as any other legally protected class of persons and acts, in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws.