The Licensed Clinical Psychologist participates as a multi-disciplinary team member performing psychological evaluations and testing, assists in the development of an outcome oriented patient plan of care, therapeutic programming and assists in monitoring the efficiency and effectiveness of service through the Performance Improvement Plan.
- Provides considerate respectful care focused upon the patients’ individual needs.
- Affirms the patient’s right to make decisions regarding his/her medical care, including the decision to discontinue treatment, to the extent permitted by law.
- Demonstrates the ability to obtain information and interpret information in terms of the needs of the age of the patients cared for.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the range of care needed based on the age of the patients cared for.
- Demonstrates knowledge of growth, development and/or adult health throughout the life span as appropriate to the job performed.
- Successfully completes life-span education as appropriate.
- Interviews patients and/or family members as appropriate. Obtains a psycho-social history and assessment.
- Identifies situations indicating possible abuse, dependencies, growth and development problems, and sexual orientation issues.
- Formulates diagnostic impression by providing psychological evaluation and testing psychiatric inpatients as referred by attending psychiatrist or treatment team.
- Consults psychiatrist as appropriate.
- Coordinates treatment plan with other healthcare providers and outside agencies as appropriate.
- Develops appropriate treatment plan and priorities based on patient assessment and diagnosis and history of substance abuse.
- Collaborates with the Clinical Director to establish short term and long term goals for the department.
- Determines the patient’s progress or lack of progress toward goal achievement in conjunction with other healthcare providers and the patient.
- Appropriately revises treatment plan, priorities, and goals based on reassessment.
- Provides crisis intervention counseling.
- Effectively leads therapy sessions for individual patients, family and groups.
- Collaborates with other health care providers in planning and carrying out plans for providing services.
- Participates in interdisciplinary team treatment planning.
- Assesses the patient and family educational needs and abilities and provides appropriate education.
- Collaborates with various disciplines to provide appropriate instruction.
- Maintains knowledge of and professional relationship with agencies providing community and mental health services.
- Recognizes need for services and refers patients and/or family members to appropriate agencies.
- Maintains required certifications and licenses.
- Follows Standard Precautions.
- Doctorate Degree in Clinical Psychology Required
- PhD in Clinical Psychology
- Minimum of 2 Years working in a Clinical Setting Required
Licenses and Certifications:
- Licensed Clinical Psychologist Required, must complete assigned education provided by Crisis Prevention Institute
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to administer and interpret psychological tests, including projective techniques and neuropsychological tests. Strong professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare team.
- Works in a normal hospital environment with frequent exposure to sick or injured patients
- Potential for exposure to blood and/or body fluids
Sitting – Occasionally
Standing/Walking – Occasionally
Kneeling/Stooping – Rarely
Bending/Climbing – Rarely
Reaching above shoulder, at waist or below waist – Rarely
Typing/Filing – Rarely
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
At CentraState, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
Additionally, CentraState Healthcare System prohibits discrimination based on arbitrary consideration of such characteristics such as race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), affectual or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or limitation, medical condition, genetic information, or veteran or military status, as well as any other legally protected class of persons and acts, in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws.