Applewood is a continuing care retirement community with 300+ residents is a warm and vibrant residential senior living community for people of ages 62 and older. We offer maintenance-free luxury cottages, senior apartments and a way of life that encourages health and well-being of the mind, body, and spirit. Residents enjoy the freedom to choose from ample on-site services and activities, or they can pursue hobbies and travel on their own without the responsibilities and stress of maintaining a home.
We believe happiness at work starts with the facility and culture, which is why we are so proud of Applewood- an award-winning Senior Living Community located on 40 beautiful acres in historic Freehold, New Jersey. Our facility really is second to none, and we’ve topped it off with a warm and welcoming company culture, where your team feels more like family.
Awards and Accreditations:
- Department of Health & Senior Services – Advanced Standing with Distinction
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) 5 Stars, 2020 (Only five of 108 skilled nursing departments in central NJ earned a perfect score in each of the five Medicare categories)
Provides skilled nursing by performing assigned duties and services required to deliver quality Resident care. Follows established standards, JCAHO and CentraState policies and procedures.
- Provides considerate respectful care focused upon the Residents’ individual needs.
- Affirms the Resident’s right to make decisions regarding his/her medical care, including the decision to discontinue treatment, to the extent permitted by law.
- Demonstrates the ability to obtain information and interpret information in terms of the needs of the age of the Residents cared for.
- Demonstrates knowledge of growth, development and/or adult health throughout the life span as appropriate to the job performed.
- Successfully completes life-span education as appropriate. Successfully completes life-span education as appropriate.
- Correctly performs all scheduled and assigned tasks while continually observing Resident needs.
- Delegates and monitors components of care to professional and nonprofessional caregivers as appropriate.
- Implements basic nursing care and assists Residents with activities of daily living.
- Accurately collects Resident data utilizing learned technical skills under the direction of the RN.
- Makes decisions that demonstrate knowledge of nursing practice and utilizes sound judgment in clinical and Resident care situations.
- Participates in preparation and intervention of diagnostic or therapeutic Resident care.
- Demonstrates accountability for administration, observation, charting and reporting effects of drugs, intravenous, and other therapeutic and diagnostic measures in a safe and accurate manner.
- Administers medications following CSHS policies and manufactures’ instructions.
- Recognizes adverse reactions to medications and takes immediate and appropriate actions. Follows CSHS policy regarding restraint application, documentation and observation.
- Consistently includes Resident and family in the development of an individualized plan of care.
- Performs pain (5th vital sign) screening as indicated, notifies the RN immediately of patient’s report of pain or discomfort, and provides appropriate non-pharmacologic interventions as directed by RN.
- Documents pain assessment, intervention and follow-up.
- Documents reassessment of pain as per hospital policy.
- Provides Resident/family education regarding pain.
- Notifies physician for unrelieved pain as indicated.
- Graduate of an approved program for licensed practical nurses and licensed to practice in NJ.
- Related experience preferred.
Licenses and Certifications:
- LPN license/New Jersey required.
- BCLS certification required.
- Satisfactory completion of the pharmacology test is required.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Strong professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare team.
CentraState Healthcare System, a partner of Atlantic Health System, is a fully accredited, not-for-profit, community-based health system that provides comprehensive health services in the central New Jersey region. In addition to offering a full range of leading-edge diagnostic and treatment options, CentraState serves as a valuable health partner focused on the latest ways to prevent disease, promote healthy behaviors, and help people of all ages live life well. Based in Freehold, CentraState is comprised of a 284-bed acute-care hospital, a vibrant health and wellness campus, three award-winning senior living communities, a charitable foundation, and convenient satellite health pavilions offering primary care and specialty physician practices, along with access to outpatient services, such as lab and physical therapy. The system also offers a family medicine residency and geriatric fellowship training program in affiliation with Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. Among its many honors and accreditations, CentraState is one of less than two percent of hospitals nationwide to earn Magnet® designation for nursing excellence four times and was designated a Great Place to Work-Certified™ Company by Great Place to Work® for the second consecutive year.
When you bring your talent to CentraState, you are joining a trailblazing healthcare facility, committed to providing high-quality, patient-focused care. Join us in making incredible strides in health care, and making a difference in our community. We believe in enriching the lives of our employees through work/life balance initiatives, tuition assistance, career advancement opportunities and much more.
Find out why our employees love their jobs and being part of the CentraState family!
What We Offer:
- Highly competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package and rewards program
- 403(b) retirement plan with company match
- 401(a) retirement plan with employer contribution
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Profit Sharing Program
- Growth Opportunity and Workforce Development Initiatives
- Continuing Education / Onsite Training
- A warm, welcoming company culture based upon mutual respect and a collaborative goal of providing excellent patient care
- Concierge Services with Work & Family Benefits
- Magnet recognized healthcare facility
At CentraState Healthcare System, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
CentraState Healthcare System, is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and, therefore, abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual or affectional orientation, national origin or nationality, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, protected veteran status, ancestry, marital status.