If you’re looking to begin, transition, or further your career in the rewarding specialty of behavioral Health, this humanistic, highly patient-centered unit is for you. This acute, general behavioral health unit has nineteen blended beds, including twelve for voluntary patients and seven for involuntary patients. The Behavioral Health Unit team cares for adults 18 years and older who are experiencing acute illnesses, including and not limited to schizophrenia and psychotic spectrum disorders, depressive disorders, obsessive-compulsive disorders, and trauma and stressor related disorders. Patients with co-occurring spectrum and addictive disorders are also treated in the unit. Experience becoming part of a cohesive, experienced, evidence-based MAGNET nursing team in this dynamic and rewarding multidisciplinary care environment.
CentraState Medical Center has an employment opportunity for a LPN on our Behavioral Health Unit. The LPN provides culturally sensitive skilled nursing by performing assigned duties and services required to deliver quality patient care in accordance with The Joint Commission, the New Jersey Practical Nurse Act, professional standards and CentraState policies and procedures. A patient focused care model utilizing a multidisciplinary approach is used as the method to deliver care in the department.
- Provides considerate respectful care focused upon the patient’s individual need lo ensure patient satisfaction.
- Affirms the patient’s right to make decisions regarding his/her medical care, including the decision to discontinue treatment, to the extent permitted by law.
- Demonstrates the ability to obtain and interpret information in consideration of the patient’s age and stage of development.
- Demonstrates understanding of the range of care across the life span.
- Successfully completes life-span education as appropriate.
- Correctly performs all scheduled and assigned tasks while continually observing patient needs.
- Provides basic nursing care, including partial and/or complete direct personal hygienic care to patients (i.e.: bathing, feeding, diversional activity) and assists patients with activities of daily living.
- Accurately collects and documents patient data (TPR, l&O, specimen collection, height and weight) utilizing learned technical skills under the direction of the RN. Accurately documents patient data.
- Demonstrates accountability for administration, observation, charting and reporting effects of drugs, intravenous, other therapeutic and diagnostic measures in a safe and accurate manner.
- Takes immediate and appropriate actions in the event of a medication variance.
- Recognizes adverse reactions to medications and takes immediate and appropriate actions.
- Follows CentraState policy regarding restraint application, documentation and observation.
- Collects blood specimens through venipuncture and/or capillary finger stick.
- Properly performs electrocardiograms.
- Collects pain data as indicated.
- Documents pain data, intervention and follow-up.
- Documents recollection of pain data as per hospital policy.
- Notifies physician for unrelieved pain as indicated under the direction of an RN.
- Supports cost containment through efficient use of equipment, supplies and other pertinent resources.
- Consistently includes the patient and family in the development and revision(s) of the nursing and multidisciplinary care plans.
- Recognizes changes in the patient’s condition and/or emergency situations and takes immediate and appropriate action.
- Participates in unit conferences to discuss quality and improvement strategies, offering ideas to improve processes for patient care, safety and satisfaction.
- Observes and documents patient progress, goal attainment, and needed services following discharge and communicates to the RN, Social Services and/or the LP.
- Delegates appropriately and reviews the accurate completion of components of care tasked to nonlicensed personnel.
- Correctly performs contraband searches as per policy.
- Correctly authorizes, supervises and monitors PCT activity during contraband searches.
- Documents all contraband searches per policy.
- Graduate of an approved program for Licensed Practical Nurses currently licensed to practice in NJ
- Current NJ LPN license
- 1 year of experience required in an acute Behavioral Health setting and/or working with Special Populations including, not limited to: Addiction, Developmental Spectrum, and/or Dementia
- BLS certification
- Works in a normal hospital environment with frequent exposure to physically ill, injured or behaviorally unstable individuals
- Non-violent crisis intervention education required. Individuals must complete the education within 3 months of hire
- Strong professional, organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills to participate as an active member of the multidisciplinary care team
CentraState Healthcare System, a partner of Atlantic Health System, is a fully accredited, not-for-profit, community-based health system that provides comprehensive health services in the central New Jersey region. In addition to offering a full range of leading-edge diagnostic and treatment options, CentraState serves as a valuable health partner focused on the latest ways to prevent disease, promote healthy behaviors, and help people of all ages live life well. Based in Freehold, CentraState is comprised of a 284-bed acute-care hospital, a vibrant health and wellness campus, three award-winning senior living communities, a charitable foundation, and convenient satellite health pavilions offering primary care and specialty physician practices, along with access to outpatient services, such as lab and physical therapy. The system also offers a family medicine residency and geriatric fellowship training program in affiliation with Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. Among its many honors and accreditations, CentraState is one of less than two percent of hospitals nationwide to earn Magnet® designation for nursing excellence four times and was designated a Great Place to Work-Certified™ Company by Great Place to Work® for the second consecutive year.
When you bring your talent to CentraState, you are joining a trailblazing healthcare facility, committed to providing high-quality, patient-focused care. Join us in making incredible strides in health care, and making a difference in our community. We believe in enriching the lives of our employees through work/life balance initiatives, tuition assistance, career advancement opportunities and much more.
Find out why our employees love their jobs and being part of the CentraState family!
What We Offer:
- Highly competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package and rewards program
- 403(b) retirement plan with company match
- 401(a) retirement plan with employer contribution
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Profit Sharing Program
- Growth Opportunity and Workforce Development Initiatives
- Continuing Education / Onsite Training
- A warm, welcoming company culture based upon mutual respect and a collaborative goal of providing excellent patient care
- Concierge Services with Work & Family Benefits
- Magnet recognized healthcare facility
At CentraState Healthcare System, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
CentraState Healthcare System, is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and, therefore, abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual or affectional orientation, national origin or nationality, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, protected veteran status, ancestry, marital status.