Provides skilled nursing by performing assigned duties and services required to deliver quality Resident care. Follows established standards, JCAHO and CentraState policies and procedures.
- Provides considerate respectful care focused upon the Residents’ individual needs.
- Affirms the Resident’s right to make decisions regarding his/her medical care, including the decision to discontinue treatment, to the extent permitted by law.
- Demonstrates the ability to obtain information and interpret information in terms of the needs of the age of the Residents cared for.
- Demonstrates knowledge of growth, development and/or adult health throughout the life span as appropriate to the job performed.
- Successfully completes life-span education as appropriate. Successfully completes life-span education as appropriate.
- Correctly performs all scheduled and assigned tasks while continually observing Resident needs.
- Delegates and monitors components of care to professional and nonprofessional caregivers as appropriate.
- Implements basic nursing care and assists Residents with activities of daily living.
- Accurately collects Resident data utilizing learned technical skills under the direction of the RN.
- Makes decisions that demonstrate knowledge of nursing practice and utilizes sound judgment in clinical and Resident care situations.
- Participates in preparation and intervention of diagnostic or therapeutic Resident care.
- Demonstrates accountability for administration, observation, charting and reporting effects of drugs, intravenous, other therapeutic and diagnostic measures in a safe and accurate manner.
- Administers medications following CSHS policies and manufactures’ instructions.
- Recognizes adverse reactions to medications and takes immediate and appropriate actions.
- Follows CSHS policy regarding restraint application, documentation and observation.
- Consistently includes Resident and family in the development of an individualized plan of care.
- Performs pain (5th vital sign) screening as indicated, notifies the RN immediately of patient’s report of pain or discomfort, and provides appropriate non-pharmacologic interventions as directed by RN. Documents pain assessment, intervention and follow-up.
- Documents reassessment of pain as per hospital policy. Provides Resident/family education regarding pain. Notifies physician for unrelieved pain as indicated.
Graduate of an approved program for licensed practical nurses and licensed to practice in NJ
BLS certification required
- Previous LPN experience preferred
Standing; Walking; Typing/Filing; Lifting/pushing or pulling up to and greater than 40 pounds; Kneeling/stooping; Reaching at waist, below waist, and above shoulder; Bending; Climbing; Sitting.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
CentraState Healthcare System prohibits discrimination based on arbitrary consideration of such characteristics such as race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), affectual or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or limitation, medical condition, genetic information, or veteran or military status, as well as any other legally protected class of persons and acts, in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws.