Functions as a leader and coordinator for the day to day operation of the Memory Care Program.
Provides skilled nursing by performing assigned duties and services required to deliver quality resident care. Follows established standards and CentraState policies and procedures. Must have the desire and ability to work with seniors with Alzheimer’s or related Dementia’s in a social model of care. Embracing programming that focuses on each resident as a whole to include recreational programming, person centered care and engagement.
- Provides considerate respectful care focused upon the Residents’ individual needs.
- Affirms the Resident’s right to make decisions regarding his/her medical care, including the decision to discontinue treatment, to the extent permitted by law.
- Demonstrates the ability to obtain information and interpret information in terms of the needs of the age of the Residents cared for.
- Demonstrates knowledge of growth, development and/or adult health throughout the life span as appropriate to the job performed. Successfully completes life-span education as appropriate.
- Successfully completes life-span education as appropriate.
- Correctly performs all scheduled and assigned tasks while continually observing Resident needs.
- Delegates and monitors components of care to professional and nonprofessional caregivers as appropriate.
- Implements basic nursing care and assists Residents with activities of daily living.
- Accurately collects Resident data utilizing learned technical skills under the direction of the RN.
- Makes decisions that demonstrate knowledge of nursing practice and utilizes sound judgment in clinical and Resident care situations.
- Participates in preparation and intervention of diagnostic or therapeutic Resident care.
- Demonstrates accountability for administration, observation, charting and reporting effects of drugs, intravenous, other therapeutic and diagnostic measures in a safe and accurate manner.
- Administers medications following CSHS policies and manufactures’ instructions.
- Recognizes adverse reactions to medications and takes immediate and appropriate actions.
- Follows CSHS policy regarding restraint application, documentation and observation.
- Consistently includes Resident and family in the development of an individualized plan of care.
- Performs pain (5th vital sign) screening as indicated, notifies the RN immediately of patient’s report of pain or discomfort, and provides appropriate non-pharmacologic interventions as directed by RN.
- Documents pain assessment, intervention and follow-up.
- Documents reassessment of pain as per hospital policy.
- Provides Resident/family education regarding pain.
- Notifies physician for unrelieved pain as indicated.
- Informs, escorts and assists seniors in all activity programming in a social model of care.
- Promotes and facilitates a senior’s best ability to function in daily Activities of Daily Living.
Graduate Nursing Required
Graduate of an approved program for licensed practical nurses and licensed to practice in NJ.
Long Term Care Experience Preferred
Experience with seniors in a healthcare setting and experience working with those with Alzheimer’s or Dementia preferred.
Licenses and Certifications:
LPN license / New Jersey Required
BLS certification Required
Satisfactory completion of the pharmacology test is required.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Strong professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare team.
Works in an Assisted Living environment with seniors with Alzheimer’s or related dementias.
Daily potential for exposure to blood and/or body fluids.
Sitting – Rarely
Standing/Walking – Continuously
Kneeling/Stooping – Occasionally
Bending/Climbing – Occasionally
Reaching above shoulder, at waist or below waist – Occasionally
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling up to 40 pounds – Occasionally
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling over 40 pounds – Rarely
Typing/Filing – Rarely
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
CentraState Healthcare System prohibits discrimination based on arbitrary consideration of such characteristics such as race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), affectual or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or limitation, medical condition, genetic information, or veteran or military status, as well as any other legally protected class of persons and acts, in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws.