Applewood is a continuing care retirement community with 300+ residents is a warm and vibrant residential senior living community for people of ages 62 and older. We offer maintenance-free luxury cottages, senior apartments and a way of life that encourages health and well-being of the mind, body, and spirit. Residents enjoy the freedom to choose from ample on-site services and activities, or they can pursue hobbies and travel on their own without the responsibilities and stress of maintaining a home.
We believe happiness at work starts with the facility and culture, which is why we are so proud of Applewood- an award-winning Senior Living Community located on 40 beautiful acres in historic Freehold, New Jersey. Our facility really is second to none, and we’ve topped it off with a warm and welcoming company culture, where your team feels more like family.
Awards and Accreditations:
- Department of Health & Senior Services – Advanced Standing with Distinction
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) 5 Stars, 2020 (Only five of 108 skilled nursing departments in central NJ earned a perfect score in each of the five Medicare categories)
Performs maintenance and engineering duties as defined in the following and other duties as assigned.
- Serves as a member of the facility’s fire response team and Dr. Armstrong’s.
- Maintains accurate and complete logs following departmental guidelines.
- Assists in making decisions on all normal and minor repairs and reports major problems to Director or Manager.
- Reads blueprints or models to learn work layout or plans own work layout, making routine computations as needed.
- Promptly responds to all emergency calls and drills. Demonstrates knowledge of emergency procedures.
- Constructs, finishes, installs, maintains and repairs equipment, systems and facilities related to any craft or combination of same, using power and hand tools and other necessary equipment.
- Maintains shops, mechanical spaces, etc. in a clean and safe manner.
- Performs a variety of semi-skilled and skilled work in various crafts such as carpentry, plumbing, electrical work, sheet metal work, machinist work, painting, welding, masonry.
- Cleans, lubricates, services, repairs, installs and makes malfunction diagnosis of HVAC equipment, sterilizers, laundry and dietary equipment, sprinkler and standpipe systems, ice makers and refrigeration equipment, electrical system and other plant and specialty equipment.
- Medium Level Mechanical Maintenance PM and rebuild pumps.
- Medium Level Mechanical Maintenance Install soap dispensers, handrails, paper towel dispensers, toilet paper dispensers, shelving, etc.
- Medium Level Mechanical Maintenance Cut to fit and install ceiling tiles.
- Medium Level Mechanical Maintenance Basic lock repair. Medium Level Mechanical Maintenance Hang pictures and plaques.
- Medium Level Mechanical Maintenance Basic door repair and hanging.
- Medium Level Mechanical Maintenance Repair of office furniture.
- Medium Level Mechanical Maintenance Assembly of carts, filing cabinets, tables, furniture, etc.
- Basic HVAC Maintenance Replace filters and belts in any HVAC or fan unit.
- Basic HVAC Maintenance Clean coils in fan coils and refrigeration units. Basic HVAC Maintenance Clean and service condensate drains.
- Basic Plumbing Maintenance Replace drain traps and faucet washers.
- Basic Plumbing Maintenance Open drain clogs using hand snake.
- Basic Plumbing Maintenance Caulk fixtures and backsplashes.
- Basic Plumbing Maintenance Clean roof drains, floor drains and storm drains.
- Medium Finish Maintenance Minor wall repair, spackle and painting.
- Medium Finish Maintenance Installation of cove base, corner guards and acrovyn wall covering.
- Basic Electrical Maintenance Replace light bulbs and fluorescent tubes and light fixture lenses.
- Basic Electrical Maintenance Replace receptacles and light switches when de-energized.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
- Minimum of three years as a Maintenance Mechanic, preferably in a healthcare institution.
- Two years of trade school or apprenticeship in trade may be substituted for two years of previous experience requirement.
- Low Pressure Black Seal License/ New Jersey required or must enroll in Black Seal License class within three months of hire.
- Ability to read, comprehend and transmit complicated detailed instruction in writing and orally. General understanding of electro mechanical equipment and basic knowledge of building trades, carpentry, painting, electrical, plumbing, HVAC and mechanical repairs required.
CentraState Healthcare System, a partner of Atlantic Health System, is a fully accredited, not-for-profit, community-based health system that provides comprehensive health services in the central New Jersey region. In addition to offering a full range of leading-edge diagnostic and treatment options, CentraState serves as a valuable health partner focused on the latest ways to prevent disease, promote healthy behaviors, and help people of all ages live life well. Based in Freehold, CentraState is comprised of a 284-bed acute-care hospital, a vibrant health and wellness campus, three award-winning senior living communities, a charitable foundation, and convenient satellite health pavilions offering primary care and specialty physician practices, along with access to outpatient services, such as lab and physical therapy. The system also offers a family medicine residency and geriatric fellowship training program in affiliation with Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. Among its many honors and accreditations, CentraState is one of less than two percent of hospitals nationwide to earn Magnet® designation for nursing excellence four times and was designated a Great Place to Work-Certified™ Company by Great Place to Work® for the second consecutive year.
When you bring your talent to CentraState, you are joining a trailblazing healthcare facility, committed to providing high-quality, patient-focused care. Join us in making incredible strides in health care, and making a difference in our community. We believe in enriching the lives of our employees through work/life balance initiatives, tuition assistance, career advancement opportunities and much more.
Find out why our employees love their jobs and being part of the CentraState family!
What We Offer:
- Highly competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package and rewards program
- 403(b) retirement plan with company match
- 401(a) retirement plan with employer contribution
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Profit Sharing Program
- Growth Opportunity and Workforce Development Initiatives
- Continuing Education / Onsite Training
- A warm, welcoming company culture based upon mutual respect and a collaborative goal of providing excellent patient care
- Concierge Services with Work & Family Benefits
- Magnet recognized healthcare facility
At CentraState Healthcare System, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
CentraState Healthcare System, is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and, therefore, abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual or affectional orientation, national origin or nationality, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, protected veteran status, ancestry, marital status.