CentraState Healthcare System, headquartered in Freehold, New Jersey is a leading non – profit healthcare delivery system in New Jersey. The System includes CentraState Medical Center , and a charitable foundation. As the 3rd largest employer in Monmouth County, CentraState Healthcare System continues to live up to its reputation of being a truly great place to work recently designated a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company.
CentraState’s Human Resources Department has an employment opportunity for a Manager Compensation & Benefits. As the subject matter expert with strong leadership skills, effectively manages the HR operations of the Department including benefits, compensation, and HRIS in a manner consistent with the System mission, vision, and values. Works within the department and as a part of the CentraState Healthcare System management team to operationalize goals and objectives established by senior management.
- Proactively provides recommendations and insights on the total rewards strategy, ensuring salary and benefit programs are best in class and market competitive to attract and retain top qualified talent.
- Serves as point of contact to related vendors and brokers to ensure program success, compliance, and to resolve any related issues.
- Researches and proposes state-of the art plans and practices in the arena of compensation and benefits.
- Coordinates communication and materials regarding all related employee programs.
- Remains current on all regulations or laws related to benefits and compensation.
- Supports other human resources initiatives, outside of direct responsibility, as needed. Supports department projects and initiatives.
- Provides oversight and direction to Compensation Analyst, Benefits Specialist, and HRIS Analyst.
- Effectively administers the System’s compensation program by obtaining and analyzing market data. Recommends changes to programs as appropriate ensuring salaries and increases are within market and in compliance with policies and program guidelines.
- Conducts job analysis and evaluations and recommends pay decisions. Provides oversight to determine classifications, pay level, and salary range development. Makes innovative suggestions to support talent acquisition and talent management strategies.
- Proactively provides insight and creative recommendations that support the overall effectiveness and efficiency of the total rewards program.
- Proactively prepares and provides strategic analysis for budgetary purposes related to annual salary increases, bonuses, and market adjustments. Ensures proposed programs are within established budget.
- Provides oversite of and direction for Compensation Analyst. Assists with administration of third party comp vendor, ensuring compliance.
- Collaborates with talent acquisition and managers on pay decisions.
- Communicates and trains internally on compensation policies and practices.
- Administers benefit plans, including annual budget preparation and cost sharing determination.
- Administers retirement plan programs, including annual retirement plan contribution audits and required compliance.
- Ensures the effective administration of health, pension, insurance and other total rewards programs, including plan compliance (ACA, ERISA, GINA, COBRA, etc).
- Responsible for ACA compliance and reporting.
- Oversees the reconciliation, approval, and processing of monthly benefit plan invoices.
- Completes monthly claims review and follows up with vendors as appropriate for assurance of proper plan document assignment.
- Responsible for all audit requests, annual fillings, compliance, and reporting. Ensures al SPDs, plan documents, SARS, Medicare Part D, and other documents are on file and properly distributed as required by law.
- Accountable for the accuracy and integrity of all employee data.
- Classifies new and existing positions and places in appropriate salary grades following the compensation program guidelines.
- Minimum of five years’ experience managing compensation, benefit, and HRIS functions.
Education / Certification
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required. Master’s degree preferred. May substitute directly related experience for degree.
- CEBS and/or CCP strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of and can ensure compliance with current and trending federal and state regulations, including COBRA, FLSA, USERRA, and ERISA to provide oversite in these areas.
- Extensive knowledge of compensation and benefit plans, including design, theory, and analytical modeling.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
- Advanced Excel skills, with the ability to perform detailed calculations and analysis (including VLOOKUP’s, logical functions, pivot tables and charts) is required.
- Demonstrated experience with Oracle Cloud or Lawson strongly preferred.
- Outstanding customer service, excellent follow through, strong organizational skills, ability to multitask and prioritize, and flexibility to meet unexpected requests and changing priorities with a sense of urgency is required.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate professionally for clear understanding with diverse team members at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to lead, guide, and motivate others.
CentraState Healthcare System, a partner of Atlantic Health System, is a fully accredited, not-for-profit, community-based health system that provides comprehensive health services in the central New Jersey region. In addition to offering a full range of leading-edge diagnostic and treatment options, CentraState serves as a valuable health partner focused on the latest ways to prevent disease, promote healthy behaviors, and help people of all ages live life well. Based in Freehold, CentraState is comprised of a 284-bed acute-care hospital, a vibrant health and wellness campus, three award-winning senior living communities, a charitable foundation, and convenient satellite health pavilions offering primary care and specialty physician practices, along with access to outpatient services, such as lab and physical therapy. The system also offers a family medicine residency and geriatric fellowship training program in affiliation with Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. Among its many honors and accreditations, CentraState is one of less than two percent of hospitals nationwide to earn Magnet® designation for nursing excellence four times and was designated a Great Place to Work-Certified™ Company by Great Place to Work® for the second consecutive year.
When you bring your talent to CentraState, you are joining a trailblazing healthcare facility, committed to providing high-quality, patient-focused care. Join us in making incredible strides in health care, and making a difference in our community. We believe in enriching the lives of our employees through work/life balance initiatives, tuition assistance, career advancement opportunities and much more.
Find out why our employees love their jobs and being part of the CentraState family!
What We Offer:
- Highly competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package and rewards program
- 403(b) retirement plan with company match
- 401(a) retirement plan with employer contribution
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Profit Sharing Program
- Growth Opportunity and Workforce Development Initiatives
- Continuing Education / Onsite Training
- A warm, welcoming company culture based upon mutual respect and a collaborative goal of providing excellent patient care
- Concierge Services with Work & Family Benefits
- Magnet recognized healthcare facility
At CentraState Healthcare System, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
CentraState Healthcare System, is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and, therefore, abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual or affectional orientation, national origin or nationality, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, protected veteran status, ancestry, marital status.