Applewood is a continuing care retirement community with 300+ residents is a warm and vibrant residential senior living community for people of ages 62 and older. We offer maintenance-free luxury cottages, senior apartments and a way of life that encourages health and well-being of the mind, body, and spirit. Residents enjoy the freedom to choose from ample on-site services and activities, or they can pursue hobbies and travel on their own without the responsibilities and stress of maintaining a home.
We believe happiness at work starts with the facility and culture, which is why we are so proud of Applewood- an award-winning Senior Living Community located on 40 beautiful acres in historic Freehold, New Jersey. Our facility really is second to none, and we’ve topped it off with a warm and welcoming company culture, where your team feels more like family.
Awards and Accreditations:
- Department of Health & Senior Services – Advanced Standing with Distinction
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) 5 Stars, 2020 (Only five of 108 skilled nursing departments in central NJ earned a perfect score in each of the five Medicare categories)
Supervisor Facilities Management directly supervises and coordinates the activities, logistical functions, and performance of the facilities personnel, contracted services, and activities assigned under the direction of the Manager of Facilities.
- Utilizes the Computerized Maintenance Work Order System and the Work Request Standard Procedure to manage work load, completion and accountability for assigned personnel. The purpose of this requirement is to capture, track, complete and document all
work requests to meet all CentraState building functions timely and maintain efficient
- Utilizes the Computerized Maintenance Work Order System to monitor compliance with regulatory required maintenance and testing time tables.
- Monitors workmanship/performance quality. Ensure the quality of workmanship, code compliance, and individual competency.
- Monitors work performance quantity. Ensure the productivity level of each individual meets departmental expectations and provide data for benchmarking.
- Monitors and participates in departmental functions to improve staff and customer satisfaction.
- Checks, advises and supervises work. Prior to assignment or as requested, checks complicated, involved, abnormal, multi-trade, or unclear work requests. Makes additions, changes, corrections and/or re-assigns as required.
- Provides technical assistance to departmental and hospital staff.
- Observes work techniques and practices to assure that safety policies are followed. Training and enforcement of safety policies is required.
- Reviews material lists and stock levels. Prepares and approves supply and materials requisitions.
- Coordinates with departmental and medical staff for appropriate access and times to perform repairs.
- Coordinates with staff to assure proper assignment and scheduling of resources to include materials, tools and equipment and skilled tradesman.
- Schedules work in coordination with departments, management, and contractors to meet requirements.
- Monitors all work performed to assure compliance with the following.
- Assists in hiring, orientation, training, and disciplinary processes.
- Monitors and inspects employee work to ensure performance standards are maintained.
- Schedules and maintains staff coverage for all essential functions as applied to all assigned buildings.
- Participates in On-Call duties.
- Participates in departmental functions as required during emergencies.
- Performs other departmental duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required AND two years of trade school or two years of college education preferred
- Five (5) years experience in a supervisory capacity required AND
- Two (2) years experience in a healthcare environment required
- NJ Boiler license required or NJ HVAC license required Or must obtain within 6 months from date of hire
- Current NJ Driver’s license required
- Computer Literate with a basic functional capability in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel. Experience with BAS (Building
Automation System) is a plus
CentraState Healthcare System, a partner of Atlantic Health System, is a fully accredited, not-for-profit, community-based health system that provides comprehensive health services in the central New Jersey region. In addition to offering a full range of leading-edge diagnostic and treatment options, CentraState serves as a valuable health partner focused on the latest ways to prevent disease, promote healthy behaviors, and help people of all ages live life well. Based in Freehold, CentraState is comprised of a 284-bed acute-care hospital, a vibrant health and wellness campus, three award-winning senior living communities, a charitable foundation, and convenient satellite health pavilions offering primary care and specialty physician practices, along with access to outpatient services, such as lab and physical therapy. The system also offers a family medicine residency and geriatric fellowship training program in affiliation with Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. Among its many honors and accreditations, CentraState is one of less than two percent of hospitals nationwide to earn Magnet® designation for nursing excellence four times and was designated a Great Place to Work-Certified™ Company by Great Place to Work® for the second consecutive year.
When you bring your talent to CentraState, you are joining a trailblazing healthcare facility, committed to providing high-quality, patient-focused care. Join us in making incredible strides in health care, and making a difference in our community. We believe in enriching the lives of our employees through work/life balance initiatives, tuition assistance, career advancement opportunities and much more.
Find out why our employees love their jobs and being part of the CentraState family!
What We Offer:
- Highly competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package and rewards program
- 403(b) retirement plan with company match
- 401(a) retirement plan with employer contribution
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Profit Sharing Program
- Growth Opportunity and Workforce Development Initiatives
- Continuing Education / Onsite Training
- A warm, welcoming company culture based upon mutual respect and a collaborative goal of providing excellent patient care
- Concierge Services with Work & Family Benefits
- Magnet recognized healthcare facility
At CentraState Healthcare System, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
CentraState Healthcare System, is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and, therefore, abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual or affectional orientation, national origin or nationality, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, protected veteran status, ancestry, marital status.