CentraState Medical Center’s Warehouse has an employment opportunity available for a Materials Handler II. The Materials Handler II performs a variety of materials handling functions including receiving and distribution of supplies, equipment, US mail and interoffice mail and packages to the various companies of the Healthcare System.
- Maintains accurate records of inventory issues, orders received and deliveries.
- Researches transaction history and works with departments to recommend changes par levels.
- Monitors and maintains supply levels in warehouse and assists with inventory reordering.
- Delivers stock and non-stock orders and medical equipment to requesting department on a timely basis.
- Performs cycle counts and annual physical inventory.
- Maintains par levels in Omni cells and other par locations for all units.
- Submits on a weekly basis, completed customer service reports to supervisor.
- Rotates stock and properly stores all inventory items in the warehouse and at par locations.
- Accurately counts and verifies against packing slip and PO the receipt of all packages, stock and non-stock.
- Looks up POs and related information as required in Lawson system.
- Sorts, records and delivers orders and packages to requesting department on a timely basis.
- Researches delivery process and works with departments and buyers on POD issues. Uses Lawson and Vuetura tools to locate and validate receipts.
- Delivers to OR on a timely basis.
- Records all packages that are delivered without a PO number. Issues PO compliance form as required.
- Appropriately packs and documents items for shipping.
- Accurately collects, sorts and delivers incoming and interoffice mail.
- Accurately prepares posts and sorts outgoing mail following departmental policy and procedures and US post office regulations.
- Reviews postal regulations and updates rates and departmental procedures as necessary.
- Performs required maintenance on mail equipment.
- Effectively utilizes bulk mailing, pre-sorting and bar codes to ensure lowest postage cost.
- Courier Assignments.
- Drives in a safe manner following all traffic laws.
- Demonstrates careful use and maintenance of vehicles. Maintains cleanliness records mileage.
- Copies, prepares and packs printed materials as requested.
- Determines priorities based on department time requirements.
- Produces and maintains an appropriate level of inventory of commonly used forms.
- Maintains copy center supply inventory and requisitions supplies as needed.
- Maintains copy center equipment.
- Works independently to ensure that the copy center provides high quality customer service to the system.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Related work experience preferred
- Basic math skills required to verify orders and perform inventory
- Must be able to speak, read and write English
- Strong professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare team
CentraState Healthcare System, a partner of Atlantic Health System, is a fully accredited, not-for-profit, community-based health system that provides comprehensive health services in the central New Jersey region. In addition to offering a full range of leading-edge diagnostic and treatment options, CentraState serves as a valuable health partner focused on the latest ways to prevent disease, promote healthy behaviors, and help people of all ages live life well. Based in Freehold, CentraState is comprised of a 284-bed acute-care hospital, a vibrant health and wellness campus, three award-winning senior living communities, a charitable foundation, and convenient satellite health pavilions offering primary care and specialty physician practices, along with access to outpatient services, such as lab and physical therapy. The system also offers a family medicine residency and geriatric fellowship training program in affiliation with Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. Among its many honors and accreditations, CentraState is one of less than two percent of hospitals nationwide to earn Magnet® designation for nursing excellence four times and was designated a Great Place to Work-Certified™ Company by Great Place to Work® for the second consecutive year.
When you bring your talent to CentraState, you are joining a trailblazing healthcare facility, committed to providing high-quality, patient-focused care. Join us in making incredible strides in health care, and making a difference in our community. We believe in enriching the lives of our employees through work/life balance initiatives, tuition assistance, career advancement opportunities and much more.
Find out why our employees love their jobs and being part of the CentraState family!
What We Offer:
- Highly competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package and rewards program
- 403(b) retirement plan with company match
- 401(a) retirement plan with employer contribution
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Profit Sharing Program
- Growth Opportunity and Workforce Development Initiatives
- Continuing Education / Onsite Training
- A warm, welcoming company culture based upon mutual respect and a collaborative goal of providing excellent patient care
- Concierge Services with Work & Family Benefits
- Magnet recognized healthcare facility
At CentraState Healthcare System, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
CentraState Healthcare System, is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and, therefore, abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual or affectional orientation, national origin or nationality, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, protected veteran status, ancestry, marital status.