Performs a variety of materials handling functions including receiving and distribution of supplies, equipment, US mail and interoffice mail and packages to the various companies of the Healthcare System.
- Maintains accurate records of inventory issues, orders received and deliveries.
- Researches transaction history and works with departments to recommend changes par levels.
- Monitors and maintains supply levels in warehouse and assists with inventory reordering.
- Delivers stock and non-stock orders and medical equipment to requesting department on a timely basis.
- Performs cycle counts and annual physical inventory.
- Maintains par levels in Omni cells and other par locations for all units.
- Submits on a weekly basis, completed customer service reports to supervisor.
- Rotates stock and properly stores all inventory items in the warehouse and at par locations.
- Accurately counts and verifies against packing slip and PO the receipt of all packages, stock and non-stock.
- Looks up POs and related information as required in Lawson system.
- Sorts, records and delivers orders and packages to requesting department on a timely basis.
- Researches delivery process and works with departments and buyers on POD issues. Uses Lawson and Vuetura tools to locate and validate receipts.
- Delivers to OR on a timely basis.
- Records all packages that are delivered without a PO number. Issues PO compliance form as required.
- Appropriately packs and documents items for shipping.
- Accurately collects, sorts and delivers incoming and interoffice mail.
- Accurately prepares posts and sorts outgoing mail following departmental policy and procedures and US post office regulations.
- Reviews postal regulations and updates rates and departmental procedures as necessary.
- Performs required maintenance on mail equipment.
- Effectively utilizes bulk mailing, pre-sorting and bar codes to ensure lowest postage cost.
- Courier Assignments.
- Drives in a safe manner following all traffic laws.
- Demonstrates careful use and maintenance of vehicles. Maintains cleanliness records mileage.
- Copies, prepares and packs printed materials as requested.
- Determines priorities based on department time requirements.
- Produces and maintains an appropriate level of inventory of commonly used forms.
- Maintains copy center supply inventory and requisitions supplies as needed.
- Maintains copy center equipment.
- Works independently to ensure that the copy center provides high quality customer service to the system.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Related work experience preferred.
Licenses and Certifications:
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Basic math skills required to verify orders and perform inventory. Must be able to speak, read and write English. Strong professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare team.
Works in a clean well-lighted and ventilated environment. Frequently lifting and delivering to medical center departments. Occasional exposure to inclement weather.
No expected exposure to blood and/or body fluids.
Sitting – Rarely
Reaching above shoulder, at waist or below waist –
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling up to 40 pounds –
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling over 40 pounds – Rarely
Typing/Filing – Rarely
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
CentraState Healthcare System prohibits discrimination based on arbitrary consideration of such characteristics such as race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), affectual or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or limitation, medical condition, genetic information, or veteran or military status, as well as any other legally protected class of persons and acts, in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws.