CentraState Helathcare System, headquartered in Freehold, New Jersey is a leading non – profit healthcare delivery system in New Jersey. The System includes CentraState Medical Center , and a charitable foundation. As the 3rd largest employer in Monmouth County, CentraState Healthcare System continues to live up to its reputation of being a truly great place to work recently designated a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company.
CentraState Medical Center is seeking a Medical Lab Technician or Medical Technologist. The Medical Lab Technician or Medical Technologist performs routine laboratory procedures using computerized instrumentation and manual methods. The Medical Lab Technician or Medical Technologist performs laboratory testing of blood and body fluid specimens using automated analyzers, as well as manual methods, accurately and according to lab procedure manuals.
- Reports tests accurately, within timed guidelines, and according to lab procedure manuals.
- Consistently verifies critical results and follows critical value policy, including proper documentation.
- Enters results accurately in computer.
- Utilizes logs, reports, etc. to research computer issues.
- Performs venipuncture and skin puncture collections.
- Performs quality control testing on all laboratory reagents.
- Accurately assesses quality control results and takes appropriate action regarding out-of -range results.
- Properly documents QC results in computer and/or log sheets with corrective action taken.
- Maintains Laboratory instrumentation according to manufacturer’s operation manuals and lab procedure manuals.
- Performs maintenance on time according to defined schedule.
- Recognizes equipment malfunctions and takes appropriate steps to correct problems.
- Accurately calibrates equipment.
- Trains students and new employees. Trains according to checklists, and within given timeframes. Approves/Signs new employees as successfully completing training.
- Provides professional and technical guidance to Medical Laboratory Technicians, assistant lab techs, and phlebotomists.
- Performs departmental inventory when needed.
- Completes work before end of shift, including resolving outstanding specimens.
- Fulfills requirements of Career Ladder I/II.
- Associate Degree in Applied Science (A.A.S.) required.
- Laboratory Services Preferred
Licenses and Certifications:
- ASCP registration, HEW registration or NCA registration preferred.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare team.
- Strong computer skills required. Knowledge of LIS required.
CentraState Healthcare System aims to enhance the health and well-being of our communities through the compassionate delivery of quality healthcare. We are confident that you will find success within CentraState Healthcare System, which is Magnet Recognized and was designation a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company by Great Place to Work®. When you bring your talent to CentraState, you are joining a trailblazing healthcare facility, committed to providing in high-quality, patient-focused care. Join us in making incredible strides in healthcare, and making a difference in our community.
We believe in enriching the lives of our employees through work/life balance initiatives, tuition assistance, career advancement opportunities and much more.
Find out why our employees love their jobs and being part of the CentraState family!
What We Offer:
- Highly competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package and rewards program
- Leading edge technology
- Great staff-to-patient ratio’s
- Career Development and Growth Opportunity
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Comprehensive Retirement / Savings Programs
- Continuing Education / Onsite Training
- A warm, welcoming company culture based upon mutual respect and a collaborative goal of providing excellent patient care
- Profit Sharing Program
- Concierge Services with Work & Family Benefits
- Magnet recognized healthcare facility
At CentraState, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
Additionally, CentraState Healthcare System prohibits discrimination based on arbitrary consideration of such characteristics such as race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), affectual or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or limitation, medical condition, genetic information, or veteran or military status, as well as any other legally protected class of persons and acts, in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws.