Performs routine Laboratory procedures using computerized instrumentation and manual methods.
- Performs laboratory testing of blood and body fluid specimens using automated analyzers, as well as manual methods, accurately and according to lab procedure manuals.
- Reports tests accurately, within timed guidelines, and according to lab procedure manuals.
- Consistently verifies critical results and follows critical value policy, including proper documentation.
- Enters results accurately in computer.
- Utilizes logs, reports, etc. to research computer issues.
- Performs venipuncture and skin puncture collections.
- Performs quality control testing on all laboratory reagents.
- Accurately assesses quality control results and takes appropriate action regarding out-of -range results.
- Properly documents QC results in computer and/or log sheets with corrective action taken.
- Maintains Laboratory instrumentation according to manufacturer’s operation manuals and lab procedure manuals.
- Performs maintenance on time according to defined schedule.
- Recognizes equipment malfunctions and takes appropriate steps to correct problems.
- Accurately calibrates equipment.
- Trains students and new employees. Trains according to checklists, and within given timeframes. Approves/Signs new employees as successfully completing training.
- Provides professional and technical guidance to Medical Laboratory Technicians, assistant lab techs, and phlebotomists.
- Performs departmental inventory when needed.
- Completes work before end of shift, including resolving outstanding specimens.
- Fulfills requirements of Career Ladder I/II.
- Associate Degree in Applied Science (A.A.S.) required.
- Laboratory Services Preferred
- ASCP registration, HEW registration or NCA registration preferred.
- Strong professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare team. Strong computer skills required. Knowledge of LIS required.
CentraState Healthcare System, a partner of Atlantic Health System, is a fully accredited, not-for-profit, community-based health system that provides comprehensive health services in the central New Jersey region. In addition to offering a full range of leading-edge diagnostic and treatment options, CentraState serves as a valuable health partner focused on the latest ways to prevent disease, promote healthy behaviors, and help people of all ages live life well. Based in Freehold, CentraState is comprised of a 284-bed acute-care hospital, a vibrant health and wellness campus, three award-winning senior living communities, a charitable foundation, and convenient satellite health pavilions offering primary care and specialty physician practices, along with access to outpatient services, such as lab and physical therapy. The system also offers a family medicine residency and geriatric fellowship training program in affiliation with Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. Among its many honors and accreditations, CentraState is one of less than two percent of hospitals nationwide to earn Magnet® designation for nursing excellence four times and was designated a Great Place to Work-Certified™ Company by Great Place to Work® for the second consecutive year.
When you bring your talent to CentraState, you are joining a trailblazing healthcare facility, committed to providing high-quality, patient-focused care. Join us in making incredible strides in health care, and making a difference in our community. We believe in enriching the lives of our employees through work/life balance initiatives, tuition assistance, career advancement opportunities and much more.
Find out why our employees love their jobs and being part of the CentraState family!
What We Offer:
- Highly competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package and rewards program
- 403(b) retirement plan with company match
- 401(a) retirement plan with employer contribution
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Profit Sharing Program
- Growth Opportunity and Workforce Development Initiatives
- Continuing Education / Onsite Training
- A warm, welcoming company culture based upon mutual respect and a collaborative goal of providing excellent patient care
- Concierge Services with Work & Family Benefits
- Magnet recognized healthcare facility
At CentraState Healthcare System, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
CentraState Healthcare System, is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and, therefore, abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual or affectional orientation, national origin or nationality, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, protected veteran status, ancestry, marital status.