The Medical Staff Performance Improvement (PI) Coordinator supports and coordinates the Medical Staff Performance Improvement, Peer Review, and Focused Review functions and activities in compliance with the Medical Staff Quality Improvement Plan and related policies and procedures. The PI Coordinator works closely with other departments of CentraState Medical Center to obtain appropriate quality information such as Risk Management, Quality and Patient Safety, and Information Technology and Support.
- Supports the work of the Medical Staff Quality Review Committees through case review for clinical quality, documentation, and professional behavior.
- Participates in collecting and reviewing of quality data, working closely with the Medical Staff Departments and quality committees, as well as individual physicians in reviewing the performance report information.
- Facilitates processes that support ongoing practitioner performance evaluation and focused practitioner evaluation.
- Graduate in Nursing Required
- Bachelor’s Nursing Degree Required
- 3 Years in a Clinical Hospital Setting Required
Licenses and Certifications:
- Current NJ RN License Preferred
- Designation as Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ) by the National Association for Healthcare Quality (NAHQ) required
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Electronic Health Record.
- Interpersonal skills to work with members of the Medical Staff and Administration
- Normal office environment
- No expected exposure to blood and/or body fluids.
Sitting – Frequently
Standing/Walking – Occasionally
Kneeling/Stooping – Never
Bending/Climbing – Never
Reaching above shoulder, at waist or below waist – Never
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling up to 40 pounds – Never
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling over 40 pounds – Never
Typing/Filing – Frequently
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
At CentraState, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
Additionally, CentraState Healthcare System prohibits discrimination based on arbitrary consideration of such characteristics such as race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), affectual or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or limitation, medical condition, genetic information, or veteran or military status, as well as any other legally protected class of persons and acts, in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws.