$5,000 Sign On Bonus Opportunity Available!
Candidates hired for this full time evening position are eligible. Apply for this position and speak with a member of the recruitment team for details.
Performs routine laboratory procedures using computerized instrumentation and manual methods. Coordinates the day-to-day operations of the laboratory section/shift.
- Performs laboratory testing of blood and body fluid specimens using automated analyzers, as well as manual methods, accurately and according to lab procedure manuals.
- Reports tests accurately, within timed guidelines, and according to lab procedure manuals.
- Consistently verifies critical results and follows critical value policy, including proper documentation.
- Enters results accurately in computer.
- Utilizes logs, reports, etc. to research computer issues.
- Performs venipuncture and skin puncture collections.
- Performs quality control testing on all laboratory reagents.
- Accurately assesses quality control results and takes appropriate action regarding out-of -range results.
- Properly documents QC results in computer and/or log sheets with corrective action taken.
- Maintains Laboratory instrumentation according to manufacturer’s operation manuals and lab procedure manuals.
- Performs maintenance on time according to defined schedule.
- Recognizes equipment malfunctions and takes appropriate steps to correct problems.
- Accurately calibrates equipment.
- Trains students and new employees. Trains according to checklists, and within given timeframes. Approves/Signs new employees as successfully completing training.
- Provides professional and technical guidance to Medical Laboratory Technicians, assistant lab techs, and phlebotomists.
- Performs departmental inventory when needed.
- Completes work before end of shift, including resolving outstanding specimens.
- Fulfills requirements of Career Ladder I/II.
Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology including internship required.
Medical Technologist Preferred
Licenses and Certifications:
ASCP registration, HEW registration or NCA registration preferred.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Strong professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare team. Strong computer skills. Knowledge of LIS.
Works in a normal hospital environment with frequent exposure to sick or injured patients.
Daily potential for exposure to blood and/or body fluids.
Sitting – Occasionally
Standing/Walking – Frequently
Kneeling/Stooping – Rarely
Bending/Climbing – Never
Reaching above shoulder, at waist or below waist – Never
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling up to 40 pounds – Rarely
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling over 40 pounds – Rarely
Typing/Filing – Occasionally
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
At CentraState, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
Additionally, CentraState Healthcare System prohibits discrimination based on arbitrary consideration of such characteristics such as race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), affectual or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or limitation, medical condition, genetic information, or veteran or military status, as well as any other legally protected class of persons and acts, in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws.