CentraState Healthcare System, headquartered in Freehold, New Jersey is a leading non – profit healthcare delivery system in New Jersey. The System includes CentraState Medical Center , and a charitable foundation. As the 3rd largest employer in Monmouth County, CentraState Healthcare System continues to live up to its reputation of being a truly great place to work recently designated a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company.
CentraState Medical Center is seeking a Monitor Technician to provide skilled technical assistance to licensed professionals by performing assigned duties and services required to deliver quality patient care. Follows established standards, Joint Commission, and CSHS policies and procedures. Monitors cardiac patients. A patient focused care model utilizing a multidisciplinary approach is used as the method to deliver care in the department. Attends system-wide orientation and nursing orientation.
- Provides considerate respectful care focused upon the patient’s individual need.
- Affirms the patient’s right to make decisions regarding his/her medical care, including the decision to discontinue treatment, to the extent permitted by law.
- Demonstrates the ability to obtain information and interpret information in terms of the needs of the age of the patients cared for. Demonstrates an understanding of the range of care needed based on the age of the patients cared for.
- Successfully completes life-span education as appropriate.
- Collects telemetry strips for each monitored patient at the beginning of each shift, at the middle of the shift and PRN, whenever there is a change in rhythm, rate or configuration.
- Records on telemetry strip the measurement of the PR interval, RR, QRS and rhythm and affixes own initials.
- Mounts strips in the chart after nurse verifies interpretation and initials strips.
- Reports any abnormality and deviation in rate or rhythm to the RN.
- Assists physicians and nurses in locating patient’s rhythm on monitor, and accessing other monitor properties such as arrhythmia recall, trending, etc.
- Monitors patient’s whereabouts and appropriately pauses or re-starts tracings on monitor. Ensures alarms are functioning properly each shift and as needed. Documents on Monitor Technician Checklist.
- Prepares telemetry start pack for every admission, which includes a set of new batteries.
- Admits, transfers and discontinues patients from the monitor.
- Checks equipment every shift and notifies Nurse Manager or Asst. Nurse Manager of any malfunction and call Bio-med technician. Able to troubleshoot other problems such as; need for battery change, lead wire malfunction, etc.
- Assures adequate supply of monitoring needs to cover off-shifts, weekends/holidays, telemetry paper, batteries, chest electrodes, lead wires, tele pouches.
- Prepares/completes the Monitor Technician Checklist every shift in compliance with CSHS requirements.
- Accounts for telemetry units available at beginning and end of shift.
- Marks with high lighter pen the names of patients with discontinued telemetry for that day.
- The 11-7 Monitor Tech prepares the list of patients for the following day. (3-11 Monitor Tech prepares the list in the absence of the 11-7 tech.)
- Documents significant information under “Comments” section.
- Collects significant tracings from monitor during “Code 2”, carotid massage and other situations when directed.
- Observes telemetry monitors continuously.
- Notifies nurse immediately for patient’s complaints of pain/discomfort and any observed change in condition. Provides appropriate interventions for pain as directed by nurse and reports outcomes.
- Verbalizes understanding that pain management is a priority to patient and nurse.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Related experience preferred.
- Completion of basic EKG interpretation course for monitor technicians.
- Strong professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare team.
CentraState Healthcare System, a partner of Atlantic Health System, is a fully accredited, not-for-profit, community-based health system that provides comprehensive health services in the central New Jersey region. In addition to offering a full range of leading-edge diagnostic and treatment options, CentraState serves as a valuable health partner focused on the latest ways to prevent disease, promote healthy behaviors, and help people of all ages live life well. Based in Freehold, CentraState is comprised of a 284-bed acute-care hospital, a vibrant health and wellness campus, three award-winning senior living communities, a charitable foundation, and convenient satellite health pavilions offering primary care and specialty physician practices, along with access to outpatient services, such as lab and physical therapy. The system also offers a family medicine residency and geriatric fellowship training program in affiliation with Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. Among its many honors and accreditations, CentraState is one of less than two percent of hospitals nationwide to earn Magnet® designation for nursing excellence four times and was designated a Great Place to Work-Certified™ Company by Great Place to Work® for the second consecutive year.
When you bring your talent to CentraState, you are joining a trailblazing healthcare facility, committed to providing high-quality, patient-focused care. Join us in making incredible strides in health care, and making a difference in our community. We believe in enriching the lives of our employees through work/life balance initiatives, tuition assistance, career advancement opportunities and much more.
Find out why our employees love their jobs and being part of the CentraState family!
What We Offer:
- Highly competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package and rewards program
- 403(b) retirement plan with company match
- 401(a) retirement plan with employer contribution
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Profit Sharing Program
- Growth Opportunity and Workforce Development Initiatives
- Continuing Education / Onsite Training
- A warm, welcoming company culture based upon mutual respect and a collaborative goal of providing excellent patient care
- Concierge Services with Work & Family Benefits
- Magnet recognized healthcare facility
At CentraState Healthcare System, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
CentraState Healthcare System, is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and, therefore, abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual or affectional orientation, national origin or nationality, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, protected veteran status, ancestry, marital status.