Under direction of the Vice President of Clinical Services, plans, directs and supervised the overall operation of the endoscopy procedure room and Minor Surgery Rooms, as well as SSU, OPIS and PAT activities. Maintains 24-hour responsibility. Works within the department and as a part of CSHS management team to operationalize the patient care and service goals and objectives established by senior management. Provides, evaluates and maintains quality of patient care in accordance with current policies and procedures, AORN Standards, ANA Standards, the NJ Nurse Practice Act and NJ Practical Nurse Act, Joint Commission, NJ Department of Health and Senior Services, and Specialty Organizations incorporating evidence based practice. Utilizes the Nursing process to plan and direct patient care activities in a culturally sensitive manner. Evaluates the effectiveness of Nursing care through the analysis of Nurse Sensitive indicators and patient outcomes.
- Provides considerate respectful care focused upon the patients’ individual needs.
- Affirms the patient’s right to make decisions regarding his/her medical care, including the decision to discontinue treatment, to the extent permitted by law.
- Demonstrates the ability to obtain information and interpret information in terms of the needs of the age of the patients cared for. Demonstrates an understanding of the range of care needed based on the age of the patients cared for. Successfully completes life-span education as appropriate.
- Demonstrates knowledge of growth, development and/or adult health throughout the life span as appropriate to the job performed.
- Successfully completes life-span education as appropriate.
- Establishes and implements standards of care based on evidenced-based nursing practice and evaluates patient care through the application of the nursing process and compares the delivery of the care to the established standard(s).
- Plans and facilitates unit based education to maintain and enhance the clinical competency of the nursing staff.
- Assists the patient in the exercise of his/her rights and informs the patient of any responsibilities incumbent upon him/her in the exercise of those rights.
- Monitors nursing staff compliance and implements performance improvement initiatives regarding documentation of pain assessment intervention, follow-up, re-assessment and education.
- Assesses the need to develop and implement a professional growth plan for each staff member by enforcing attendance at appropriate in-service training sessions, encouraging staff to attend outside seminars and assigning duties to maximize development.
- Collaborates with nurse managers when necessary.
Bachelor’s Nursing Required
Master’s Nursing Preferred – must obtain within 5 years
3 Nursing Required And
Supervisory Experience Preferred
Licenses and Certifications:
RN License / New Jersey Required
CPR certification Required
National Certification Preferred
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Strong professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare team.
Works in a normal hospital environment with frequent exposure to sick or injured patients.
Daily potential for exposure to blood and/or body fluids.
Sitting – Frequently
Standing/Walking – Frequently
Kneeling/Stooping – Rarely
Bending/Climbing – Rarely
Reaching above shoulder, at waist or below waist – Rarely
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling up to 40 pounds – Frequently
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling over 40 pounds – Rarely
Typing/Filing – Frequently
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
At CentraState, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
Additionally, CentraState Healthcare System prohibits discrimination based on arbitrary consideration of such characteristics such as race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), affectual or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or limitation, medical condition, genetic information, or veteran or military status, as well as any other legally protected class of persons and acts, in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws.