Labor & Delivery, Recovery, & Postpartum: Have you thought about pursuing a career in the rewarding specialty of obstetrics? Experience a unit where you can contribute to roughly 600 births annually, and then go on to care for those new moms and babies during the postpartum period. With the highly appealing nurse to patient ratios of 1 to 1 or 2 for laboring patients and 1 to 3 mother-baby couplets, this is the perfect unit to establish or progress your career in the fulfilling specialty of obstetrics/maternal-child health. The patient population on this unit encompasses care of the antepartum and intrapartum patient during the labor process and/or cesarean section, and care of the mom and newborn couplet after delivery. Additional opportunities exist to hone and enhance skills in breastfeeding/lactation, fetal monitoring, bereavement training, OR training, and potential cross-training to the neonatal unit. With self-scheduling and experienced management, experience a highly fulfilling specialty of obstetrics in a flexible, teamwork-based environment.
CentraState Medical Center has an employment opportunity for a Nurse Manager of Materal Child Health. Under direction of the Executive Director Maternal Child Health, plans, directs and supervises the overall operation of the Maternal Child Health. Works within the department and as a part of CentraState’s management team to operationalize the patient care and service goals and objectives established by senior management. Provides, evaluates and maintains quality of patient care in accordance with current policies and procedures, ANA Standards, the NJ Nurse Practice Act and NJ Practical Nurse Act, Joint Commission, NJ Department of Health and Senior Services, and Specialty Organizations incorporating evidence based practice. Utilizes the Nursing process to plan and direct patient care activities in a culturally sensitive manner. Evaluates the effectiveness of Nursing care through the analysis of Nurse Sensitive indicators and patient outcomes.
- Direct responsibility for LDRP and Special Care Nursery.
- Provides considerate respectful care focused upon the patients’ individual needs.
- Affirms the patient’s right to make decisions regarding his/her medical care, including the decision to discontinue treatment, to the extent permitted by law.
- Demonstrates the ability to obtain information and interpret information in terms of the needs of the age of the patients cared for. Demonstrates an understanding of the range of care needed based on the age of the patients cared for. Successfully completes life-span education as appropriate.
- Demonstrates knowledge of growth, development and/or adult health throughout the life span as appropriate to the job performed.
- Establishes and implements standards of care based on evidenced-based nursing practice and evaluates patient care through the application of the nursing process and compares the delivery of the care to the established standard(s).
- Plans and facilitates unit based education to maintain and enhance the clinical competency of the nursing staff.
- Identifies external and internal customer needs and expectations and responds to them in a timely and effective manner.
- Consistently achieves desired customer satisfaction scores in the department (Press Ganey, internal department satisfaction surveys, HCAHPS).
- Achieves desired results for all unit specific core measure indicators. Develops and implements performance improvement plan.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing Required
- Master’s Degree in Nursing Required
- Minimum of three years of supervisory/management experience required.
- New Jersey RN Licensed.
- Must acquire nursing specialty certification within two years of employment
CentraState Healthcare System, a partner of Atlantic Health System, is a fully accredited, not-for-profit, community-based health system that provides comprehensive health services in the central New Jersey region. In addition to offering a full range of leading-edge diagnostic and treatment options, CentraState serves as a valuable health partner focused on the latest ways to prevent disease, promote healthy behaviors, and help people of all ages live life well. Based in Freehold, CentraState is comprised of a 284-bed acute-care hospital, a vibrant health and wellness campus, three award-winning senior living communities, a charitable foundation, and convenient satellite health pavilions offering primary care and specialty physician practices, along with access to outpatient services, such as lab and physical therapy. The system also offers a family medicine residency and geriatric fellowship training program in affiliation with Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. Among its many honors and accreditations, CentraState is one of less than two percent of hospitals nationwide to earn Magnet® designation for nursing excellence four times and was designated a Great Place to Work-Certified™ Company by Great Place to Work® for the second consecutive year.
When you bring your talent to CentraState, you are joining a trailblazing healthcare facility, committed to providing high-quality, patient-focused care. Join us in making incredible strides in health care, and making a difference in our community. We believe in enriching the lives of our employees through work/life balance initiatives, tuition assistance, career advancement opportunities and much more.
Find out why our employees love their jobs and being part of the CentraState family!
What We Offer:
- Highly competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package and rewards program
- 403(b) retirement plan with company match
- 401(a) retirement plan with employer contribution
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Profit Sharing Program
- Growth Opportunity and Workforce Development Initiatives
- Continuing Education / Onsite Training
- A warm, welcoming company culture based upon mutual respect and a collaborative goal of providing excellent patient care
- Concierge Services with Work & Family Benefits
- Magnet recognized healthcare facility
At CentraState Healthcare System, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
CentraState Healthcare System, is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and, therefore, abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual or affectional orientation, national origin or nationality, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, protected veteran status, ancestry, marital status.