The OB Technician provides skilled technical assistance to licensed professionals by performing assigned duties and services required to deliver quality patient care. Follows established standards, JCAHO, and CSHS policies and procedures. A patient focused care model utilizing a multidisciplinary approach is used as the method to deliver care in the department.
- Provides considerate respectful care focused upon the patient’s individual need.
- Affirms the patient’s right to make decisions regarding his/her medical care, including the decision to discontinue treatment, to the extent permitted by law.
- Demonstrates the ability to obtain information and interpret information in terms of the needs of the age of patients cared for.
- Successfully completes life-span education as appropriate.
- Correctly performs all scheduled and assigned tasks while continually observing patient needs.
- Accurately checks exterior of code cart each and other assigned checks (refrigerator temperatures, OR temp, humidity, airflow values) as assigned and report out of range to supervisors.
- Verbalizes/performs understanding of 1:1 precautions and documents appropriately.
- Always answers patient call lights in a timely manner.
- Provides basic nursing care, including partial and/or complete direct personal hygienic care to patients (i.e.: bathing, feeding, diversional activity) and assists patients with activities of daily living.
- Provides partial and/or complete direct personal hygienic care to patients.
- Correctly makes occupied and unoccupied beds.
- Assists with the elimination needs of the patient while providing privacy and dignity.
- Correctly feeds patients.
- Performs tasks to maintain patient mobility.
- Accurately performs simple wound care and ostomy care.
- Correctly empties drainage bags and maintains accurate intake and output documentation.
- Accurately performs incentive spirometry and pulse oximetry.
- Provides appropriate interventions for pain as directed by nurse and reports outcomes.
- Correctly sets up and maintains oxygen equipment.
- Accurately maintains feeding tubes.
- Observe progress of surgery and demonstrates an ability to anticipate the needs of the surgeon and the possible need for additional instruments and supplies.
- Opens sterile supplies using appropriate technique.
- Maintains aseptic technique throughout circumcision. Reports and breaks in technique to surgeon.
- Obtains extra equipment necessary for circumcision.
- Accurately collects and documents patient data (TPR, I&O, specimen collection, height and weight) utilizing learned technical skills under the direction of the RN. Accurately documents patient data in EPIC.
- Accurately obtains and documents temperatures, pulses, respirations and blood pressure.
- Collects blood specimens through capillary finger stick.
- Accurately performs bedside glucose monitoring, and calibration of Accucheck and enters data.
- Retrieves blood from the Blood Bank.
- Performs post mortem care.
- Participates in preparation and intervention of diagnostic or therapeutic patient care with practitioner.
- Follows CentraState policy regarding restraint application, documentation and observation.
- Properly performs electrocardiograms.
- Performs pain (5th vital sign) screening as indicated, notifies the RN immediately of patient’s report of pain or discomfort, and provides appropriate non-pharmacologic interventions as directed by RN.
- Return supplies to proper areas.
- Clean warmers, Isolettes, cribs, empty linen and trash receptacles.
- Accurately measures and documents intake and output.
- Reports patient intake and output to nurse.
- Stock patient care areas with supplies including LDRP operating room, Labor and Delivery rooms, and Special Care Nursery.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- One year of Maternity experience strongly preferred
- One year nursing assistant healthcare experience required OR
- Successful completion of an approved CNA or PCT training course required OR
- Currently enrolled in a degreed nursing program AND completed an introductory nursing course such as Nursing 101 or equivalent OR
- Completed a semester of a school sponsored clinical rotation in an acute setting
- BLS certification (American Heart Association only) required
- EKG certification preferred
- EMT certification preferred
- *Glucose and EKG certifications are provided by CentraState during orientation
- Strong professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare team
CentraState Healthcare System, a partner of Atlantic Health System, is a fully accredited, not-for-profit, community-based health system that provides comprehensive health services in the central New Jersey region. In addition to offering a full range of leading-edge diagnostic and treatment options, CentraState serves as a valuable health partner focused on the latest ways to prevent disease, promote healthy behaviors, and help people of all ages live life well. Based in Freehold, CentraState is comprised of a 284-bed acute-care hospital, a vibrant health and wellness campus, three award-winning senior living communities, a charitable foundation, and convenient satellite health pavilions offering primary care and specialty physician practices, along with access to outpatient services, such as lab and physical therapy. The system also offers a family medicine residency and geriatric fellowship training program in affiliation with Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. Among its many honors and accreditations, CentraState is one of less than two percent of hospitals nationwide to earn Magnet® designation for nursing excellence four times and was designated a Great Place to Work-Certified™ Company by Great Place to Work® for the second consecutive year.
When you bring your talent to CentraState, you are joining a trailblazing healthcare facility, committed to providing high-quality, patient-focused care. Join us in making incredible strides in health care, and making a difference in our community. We believe in enriching the lives of our employees through work/life balance initiatives, tuition assistance, career advancement opportunities and much more.
Find out why our employees love their jobs and being part of the CentraState family!
What We Offer:
- Highly competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package and rewards program
- 403(b) retirement plan with company match
- 401(a) retirement plan with employer contribution
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Profit Sharing Program
- Growth Opportunity and Workforce Development Initiatives
- Continuing Education / Onsite Training
- A warm, welcoming company culture based upon mutual respect and a collaborative goal of providing excellent patient care
- Concierge Services with Work & Family Benefits
- Magnet recognized healthcare facility
At CentraState Healthcare System, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
CentraState Healthcare System, is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and, therefore, abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual or affectional orientation, national origin or nationality, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, protected veteran status, ancestry, marital status.