Provides occupational therapy to Outpatient Pediatrics to assist them in regaining physical or mental function and/or to adjust to handicaps.
- Effectively evaluates the patient’s performance in areas of daily living, recreation, education and social activities.
- Develops appropriate therapeutic plan based on patient assessment and physician’s orders.
- Observes patient/resident progress and updates plan as indicated.
- Coordinates care plan with other healthcare providers.
- Provides education to the patient/family regarding the disease processes and planned treatment/intervention. Provides instruction in the areas of health promotion, activity and medication as appropriate.
- Evaluates the patient’s progress, goal attainment and need for further services following discharge.
- Documents results of diagnostic evaluations, care plan and Resident progress in medical record.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Previous experience in Pediatrics preferred.
Licenses and Certifications:
- Current License in Occupational Therapy required/ New Jersey
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Strong customer service skills.
Normal hospital environment with frequent exposure to sick or injured patients.
Daily potential for exposure to blood and/or body fluids.
Sitting – Rarely
Standing/Walking – Continuously
Kneeling/Stooping – Frequently
Bending/Climbing – Occasionally
Reaching above shoulder, at waist or below waist – Frequently
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling up to 40 pounds – Frequently
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling over 40 pounds – Rarely
Typing/Filing – Rarely
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
CentraState Healthcare System prohibits discrimination based on arbitrary consideration of such characteristics such as race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), affectual or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or limitation, medical condition, genetic information, or veteran or military status, as well as any other legally protected class of persons and acts, in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws.