Under the direction of the VP Patient Services/CNO, leads the development and growth of CentraState’s Comprehensive Community Cancer Center. The primary goals are the clinical integration of services to cancer patients across the continuum of care (which includes but is not limited to prevention, screening, diagnosis, treatment, recovery, survivorship and end of life programs) and market growth. Responsible for operational and financial performance, patient satisfaction, quality and safety initiatives, physician satisfaction and staff engagement.
- Responsible for operational and financial performance, patient satisfaction, quality and safety initiatives, physician satisfaction and staff engagement.
- Develops and implements the strategic and business plans that will meet the needs of patients and their families within the CSHS Service Area and expands market share.
- Provides administrative direction and coordination in the formulation, interpretation of current and long-range policies procedures and programs.
- Ensures the service line’s contributions to the overall goals of CentraState are achieved.
- Collaborates, counsels and assists with the integration of the following services:-Inpatient Oncology-Women’s Center, with which the Director will be the principle CentraState contact
- Provides overall administrative management and coordination of various operational functions: financial planning, marketing, human resource management and space planning.
- Incorporates evidence based practice, current standards of care and research in planning, evaluating and implementing the continuum to ensure the service line provides state of the art, high quality care.
- Evaluates the measurement of outcomes to determine priorities for improving systems and processes.
- Chairs the Oncology Service Line Committee.
- Develops and implements effective strategies to link survivors with CentraState primary care physicians in a way which permits a seamless continuum.
- Maintains all Cancer related Accreditations and Certifications for the service line.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Master’s degree preferred
- 3-5 years progressive Service Line Leadership Experience In Oncology
- Strong analytical, decision making and problem solving abilities. Proven track record in program development, marketing, planning and revenue growth. Knowledge of new technology and advancements in oncology services, using good judgment in the early adoption of such advancements
CentraState Healthcare System, a partner of Atlantic Health System, is a fully accredited, not-for-profit, community-based health system that provides comprehensive health services in the central New Jersey region. In addition to offering a full range of leading-edge diagnostic and treatment options, CentraState serves as a valuable health partner focused on the latest ways to prevent disease, promote healthy behaviors, and help people of all ages live life well. Based in Freehold, CentraState is comprised of a 284-bed acute-care hospital, a vibrant health and wellness campus, three award-winning senior living communities, a charitable foundation, and convenient satellite health pavilions offering primary care and specialty physician practices, along with access to outpatient services, such as lab and physical therapy. The system also offers a family medicine residency and geriatric fellowship training program in affiliation with Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. Among its many honors and accreditations, CentraState is one of less than two percent of hospitals nationwide to earn Magnet® designation for nursing excellence four times and was designated a Great Place to Work-Certified™ Company by Great Place to Work® for the second consecutive year.
When you bring your talent to CentraState, you are joining a trailblazing healthcare facility, committed to providing high-quality, patient-focused care. Join us in making incredible strides in health care, and making a difference in our community. We believe in enriching the lives of our employees through work/life balance initiatives, tuition assistance, career advancement opportunities and much more.
Find out why our employees love their jobs and being part of the CentraState family!
What We Offer:
- Highly competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package and rewards program
- 403(b) retirement plan with company match
- 401(a) retirement plan with employer contribution
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Profit Sharing Program
- Growth Opportunity and Workforce Development Initiatives
- Continuing Education / Onsite Training
- A warm, welcoming company culture based upon mutual respect and a collaborative goal of providing excellent patient care
- Concierge Services with Work & Family Benefits
- Magnet recognized healthcare facility
At CentraState Healthcare System, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
CentraState Healthcare System, is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and, therefore, abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual or affectional orientation, national origin or nationality, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, protected veteran status, ancestry, marital status.