The Oncology Service Line Nurse Educator is responsible for planning, development and documentation of clinical orientation and continuing education programs for nursing staff. Assists in maintaining quality patient care by educating health care providers in current practice and procedures; and provision of patient, family and community education as required in accordance with ANA standards, the New Jersey Nurse Practice Act, Joint Commission, specialty organizations and established hospital and Nursing Department policies and procedures in accordance with evidenced based nursing practice. Collaborate in designing,evaluating and revising unit specific educational programs (e.g. competency-based orientation, skill testing and continuing education) on the basis ofpre-identified learning needs, patient outcomes, internal/community standards of practice and current theory/research (e.g. best practices). Anticipates,where possible, future individual and group learning needs. Participates in councils, committees and task groups as a team leader, facilitator and member to facilitate the improvement of nursing standards, processes and principles.
- Plans, develops, conducts and evaluates educational programs that meet the need of the nursing units at CSMC.
- Provides clinical and classroom orientation and continuing education programs for patients and healthcare providers.
- Utilizes effective teaching strategies and materials to provide staff education programs.
- Evaluates and documents staff competencies with special attention to process, content, outcome and impact.
- Reviews course evaluations and utilizes feedback to improve programs.
- Collaborates in designing, evaluating and revising unit specific educational programs.
- Obtains contact hours for programs when possible through NJSNA.
- Participates in competency based orientation of new employees.
- Plans and directs individual staff member’s orientation to the unit, based on individual skills assessment.
- Serves as preceptor when necessary.
Identifies continuing education needs for nursing personnel, and implements programs and activities to meet these needs.
- Collaborates with nursing administration, management, unit staff and outside agencies to identify and prioritize educational needs.
- In conjunction with the nurse manager, participates in evaluation of the healthcare provider and identifies performance goals.
- Assists in developing a mechanism of monitoring professional skills and aiding in certification process.
- Maintains documentation of staff educational activities in accordance with Joint Commission, State Department of Health, and CentraState policy & procedures.
- Assists in maintaining quality patient care by educating healthcare providers in current practice and procedures; and provision of patient, family and community education.
- Participates in developing and implementing teaching strategies for specific patient populations.
- Assists staff with patient education activities and in the development of their teaching skills.
- Provides education to patient/family regarding disease processes and planned treatments/interventions.
- Provides instruction in areas of diet, activity and medication.
- Collaborates with various disciplines to provide appropriate instruction.
- Participates in committees and task groups as team leaders, facilitators and members to improve nursing standards, processes and principles.
- Assists the nurse manager in the assessment maintenance and continued development of staff clinical competencies.
- Participates in Performance Improvement programs, through monitoring and evaluating activities.
- Participates in development and coordination of policies, procedures and standards of care for assigned specialties.
- Serves as a consultant to nursing and other departments in specific patient care situations.
- Demonstrates skills and knowledge necessary to assure observation, treatment, or care is appropriate to the age of the patients cared for within scope of responsibility.
- Demonstrates the ability to obtain information and interpret information in terms of the needs of the age of the patients cared for.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the range of care needed based on the age of the patients cared for.
- Demonstrates knowledge of growth, development and/or adult health throughout the life span as appropriate to the job performed.
- Successfully completes life-span education as appropriate.
- Demonstrates knowledge of principal of growth and development over life span.
- Successfully completes life-span education as appropriate.
- Respects the rights and personal dignity of the patients and recognizes that each patient is an individual with unique health care needs.
- Provides considerate respectful care focused upon the patient’s individual needs to ensure patient satisfaction.
- Affirms the patient’s right to make decisions regarding his/her medical care, including the decision to discontinue treatment, to the extent permitted by law.
- Recognize and accept the cultural diversity of patient and healthcare providers, and its effects on patient care.
- Maintains required certification/licensure.
- Demonstrates flexibility in approach, timing, presentation and selection of materials to meet department needs.
- Reviews discipline specific literature and communicate major issues and developments to management and staff.
- Participates in seminars and other off-site educational sessions.
- Demonstrates ability to utilize audiovisual and other educational equipment.
- Participate in community education activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing Required, Master’s preferred
- 5 Years Nursing Experience with Previous Teaching Experience required
- Recent oncology/surgical experience required
- ICU experience preferred
- RN License / New Jersey required
- BLS Healthcare Provider (AHA) required
- Chemo certification required within one year of employment
Oncology certification required within two years of employment
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrates teaching and clinical abilities
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the job
- Strong professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare team
CentraState Healthcare System, a partner of Atlantic Health System, is a fully accredited, not-for-profit, community-based health system that provides comprehensive health services in the central New Jersey region. In addition to offering a full range of leading-edge diagnostic and treatment options, CentraState serves as a valuable health partner focused on the latest ways to prevent disease, promote healthy behaviors, and help people of all ages live life well. Based in Freehold, CentraState is comprised of a 284-bed acute-care hospital, a vibrant health and wellness campus, three award-winning senior living communities, a charitable foundation, and convenient satellite health pavilions offering primary care and specialty physician practices, along with access to outpatient services, such as lab and physical therapy. The system also offers a family medicine residency and geriatric fellowship training program in affiliation with Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. Among its many honors and accreditations, CentraState is one of less than two percent of hospitals nationwide to earn Magnet® designation for nursing excellence four times and was designated a Great Place to Work-Certified™ Company by Great Place to Work® for the second consecutive year.
When you bring your talent to CentraState, you are joining a trailblazing healthcare facility, committed to providing high-quality, patient-focused care. Join us in making incredible strides in health care, and making a difference in our community. We believe in enriching the lives of our employees through work/life balance initiatives, tuition assistance, career advancement opportunities and much more.
Find out why our employees love their jobs and being part of the CentraState family!
What We Offer:
- Highly competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package and rewards program
- 403(b) retirement plan with company match
- 401(a) retirement plan with employer contribution
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Profit Sharing Program
- Growth Opportunity and Workforce Development Initiatives
- Continuing Education / Onsite Training
- A warm, welcoming company culture based upon mutual respect and a collaborative goal of providing excellent patient care
- Concierge Services with Work & Family Benefits
- Magnet recognized healthcare facility
At CentraState Healthcare System, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
CentraState Healthcare System, is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and, therefore, abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual or affectional orientation, national origin or nationality, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, protected veteran status, ancestry, marital status.