Answers calls made to the switchboard and directs them to the appropriate department in a timely manner. Remains ready to handle emergency calls at any time.
- Answers incoming calls in a professional manner and within four rings.
- Follows proper procedure in the event of a code or drill.
- Receives incoming calls and directs them to the appropriate location.
- Places outgoing toll calls, when necessary, following Medical Center and department policy.
- Performs job duties without close, and sometimes any supervision or detailed instructions.
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- Previous related experience preferred.
Licenses and Certifications:
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Previous experience with computers, Excel and Word preferred.
Must have a clear and pleasant speaking voice.
Must be bilingual.
Strong professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare team.
Normal hospital environment with a high level of noise.
No expected exposure to blood and/or body fluids.
Sitting – Continuously
Standing/Walking – Rarely
Kneeling/Stooping – Never
Bending/Climbing – Never
Reaching above shoulder, at waist or below waist – Never
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling up to 40 pounds – Never
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling over 40 pounds – Never
Typing/Filing – Rarely
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
At CentraState, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
Additionally, CentraState Healthcare System prohibits discrimination based on arbitrary consideration of such characteristics such as race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), affectual or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or limitation, medical condition, genetic information, or veteran or military status, as well as any other legally protected class of persons and acts, in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws.