Performs clerical duties related to billing and collection of patient accounts.
- Submits bills electronically or manually promptly and following proper procedure.
- Makes correct adjustments to bills per established procedure and contract.
- Sends 2nd requests or performs telephone follow-up for payment to insurance companies as appropriate.
- Sends bills to secondary insurance when appropriate.
- Accurately bills patient for deductibles, co-pays and self-pay.
- Documents all tasks per established procedure.
- Keeps accurate records of payments received and credits to correct patients account.
- Sends adjusted bills with balance due to responsible pay or patient/resident as appropriate, following established procedure.
- Verifies, batches and posts checks received, following established procedure.
- Researches checks received with incomplete information and maintains accurate records of unapplied checks.
- Maintains records of returned checks and re-deposit’s following established procedure.
- Balances cash drawer at the end of shift.
- Ensures appropriate documentation is received for petty cash requests.
- Investigates and responds to patient billing questions received by mail, phone, or in person in a timely manner.
- Provides accurate information to patients and/or family members in response to questions or complaints.
- Documents all patient communications in computer following established procedure. Makes corrections to accounts when appropriate.
- Maintains accurate records and filing system.
- Securely stores patient valuables and maintains related records.
- High school diploma or equivalency
- Clerical experience required
- One year clerical experience and knowledge of Word and Excel
- Previous experience in medical financial setting with ICD9 and CPT coding preferred
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Strong customer service skills
CentraState Healthcare System, a partner of Atlantic Health System, is a fully accredited, not-for-profit, community-based health system that provides comprehensive health services in the central New Jersey region. In addition to offering a full range of leading-edge diagnostic and treatment options, CentraState serves as a valuable health partner focused on the latest ways to prevent disease, promote healthy behaviors, and help people of all ages live life well. Based in Freehold, CentraState is comprised of a 284-bed acute-care hospital, a vibrant health and wellness campus, three award-winning senior living communities, a charitable foundation, and convenient satellite health pavilions offering primary care and specialty physician practices, along with access to outpatient services, such as lab and physical therapy. The system also offers a family medicine residency and geriatric fellowship training program in affiliation with Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. Among its many honors and accreditations, CentraState is one of less than two percent of hospitals nationwide to earn Magnet® designation for nursing excellence four times and was designated a Great Place to Work-Certified™ Company by Great Place to Work® for the second consecutive year.
When you bring your talent to CentraState, you are joining a trailblazing healthcare facility, committed to providing high-quality, patient-focused care. Join us in making incredible strides in health care, and making a difference in our community. We believe in enriching the lives of our employees through work/life balance initiatives, tuition assistance, career advancement opportunities and much more.
Find out why our employees love their jobs and being part of the CentraState family!
What We Offer:
- Highly competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package and rewards program
- 403(b) retirement plan with company match
- 401(a) retirement plan with employer contribution
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Profit Sharing Program
- Growth Opportunity and Workforce Development Initiatives
- Continuing Education / Onsite Training
- A warm, welcoming company culture based upon mutual respect and a collaborative goal of providing excellent patient care
- Concierge Services with Work & Family Benefits
- Magnet recognized healthcare facility
At CentraState Healthcare System, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
CentraState Healthcare System, is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and, therefore, abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual or affectional orientation, national origin or nationality, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, protected veteran status, ancestry, marital status.