Performs clerical duties related to billing and collection of patient accounts.
- Submits bills electronically or manually promptly and following proper procedure.
- Makes correct adjustments to bills per established procedure and contract.
- Sends 2nd requests or performs telephone follow-up for payment to insurance companies as appropriate.
- Sends bills to secondary insurance when appropriate.
- Accurately bills patient for deductibles, co-pays and self-pay.
- Documents all tasks per established procedure.
- Keeps accurate records of payments received and credits to correct patients account.
- Sends adjusted bills with balance due to responsible pay or patient/resident as appropriate, following established procedure.
- Verifies, batches and posts checks received, following established procedure.
- Researches checks received with incomplete information and maintains accurate records of unapplied checks.
- Maintains records of returned checks and re-deposit’s following established procedure.
- Balances cash drawer at the end of shift.
- Ensures appropriate documentation is received for petty cash requests.
- Investigates and responds to patient billing questions received by mail, phone, or in person in a timely manner.
- Provides accurate information to patients and/or family members in response to questions or complaints.
- Documents all patient communications in computer following established procedure. Makes corrections to accounts when appropriate.
- Maintains accurate records and filing system.
- Securely stores patient valuables and maintains related records.
- High school diploma or equivalency.
- Clerical experience required.
- One year clerical experience and knowledge of Word and Excel a must.
- Previous experience in medical financial setting with ICD10 and CPT coding preferred.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Knowledge of medical terminology. Strong customer service skills.
CentraState Healthcare System aims to enhance the health and well-being of our communities through the compassionate delivery of quality healthcare. We are confident that you will find success within CentraState Healthcare System, which is Magnet Recognized and was designation a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company by Great Place to Work®. When you bring your talent to CentraState, you are joining a trailblazing healthcare facility, committed to providing in high-quality, patient-focused care. Join us in making incredible strides in healthcare, and making a difference in our community.
We believe in enriching the lives of our employees through work/life balance initiatives, tuition assistance, career advancement opportunities and much more.
Find out why our employees love their jobs and being part of the CentraState family!
What We Offer:
- Highly competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package and rewards program
- Leading edge technology
- Great staff-to-patient ratio’s
- Career Development and Growth Opportunity
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Comprehensive Retirement / Savings Programs
- Continuing Education / Onsite Training
- A warm, welcoming company culture based upon mutual respect and a collaborative goal of providing excellent patient care
- Profit Sharing Program
- Concierge Services with Work & Family Benefits
- Magnet recognized healthcare facility
At CentraState, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
Additionally, CentraState Healthcare System prohibits discrimination based on arbitrary consideration of such characteristics such as race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), affectual or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or limitation, medical condition, genetic information, or veteran or military status, as well as any other legally protected class of persons and acts, in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws.