CentraState Healthcare System, headquartered in Freehold, New Jersey is a leading non – profit healthcare delivery system in New Jersey. The System includes CentraState Medical Center , and a charitable foundation. As the 3rd largest employer in Monmouth County, CentraState Healthcare System continues to live up to its reputation of being a truly great place to work recently designated a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company.
CentraState Medical Center has an employment opportunity available for a Patient Care Technician.The PCT provides skilled technical assistance to licensed professionals by performing assigned duties and services required to deliver quality patient care. Provides basic nursing care and assists patient with activities of daily living.
- Provides considerate respectful care focused upon the patient’s individual need.
- Affirms the patient’s right to make decisions regarding his/her medical care, including the decision to discontinue treatment, to the extent permitted by law.
- Demonstrates the ability to obtain information and interpret information in terms of the needs of the age of the patients cared for. Demonstrates an understanding of the range of care needed based on the age of the patients cared for.
- Successfully completes life-span education as appropriate.
- Correctly performs all scheduled and assigned tasks while continually observing patient needs.
- Accurately checks exterior of code cart each shift.
- Verbalizes/performs understanding of 1:1 precautions and documents appropriately.
- Always answers patient call lights in a timely manner.
- Provides basic nursing care, including partial and/or complete direct personal hygienic care to patients (i.e.: bathing, feeding, diversional activity) and assists patients with activities of daily living.
- Provides partial and/or complete direct personal hygienic care to patients.
- Correctly makes occupied and unoccupied beds.
- Assists with the elimination needs of the patient while providing privacy and dignity.
- Correctly feeds patients.
- Performs tasks to maintain patient mobility.
- Accurately performs simple wound care and ostomy care.
- Correctly empties drainage bags and maintains accurate intake and output documentation.
- Accurately performs incentive spirometry and pulse oximetry.
- Collects and labels specimens without error.
- Correctly sets up and maintains oxygen equipment for the Emergency Department.
- Accurately maintains feeding tubes.
- Accurately collects and documents patient data (TPR, I&O, specimen collection, height and weight) utilizing learned technical skills under the direction of the RN. Accurately documents patient data and comfort rounds in Wellsoft system.
- Accurately obtains and documents temperatures, pulses, respirations and blood pressure.
- Collects blood specimens through venipuncture and/or capillary finger stick.
- Accurately performs bedside glucose monitoring, and calibration of Accucheck and enters data.
- Retrieves blood from the Blood Bank.
- Performs post mortem care.
- Notifies nurse immediately for patient’s complaints of pain/discomfort and any observed change in condition. Provides appropriate interventions for pain as directed by nurse and reports outcomes.
- Follows CentraState policy regarding restraint application, documentation and observation.
- Properly performs electrocardiograms.
- Performs rounding as per guidelines.
- Accurately measures and documents intake and output.
- Reports patient intake and output to nurse.
- Supports cost containment through efficient use of equipment, supplies and other pertinent resources.
High school diploma or equivalent required.
- One year nursing assistant healthcare experience required OR
- Successful completion of an approved CNA or PCT training course required OR
- Currently enrolled in a degreed nursing program AND completed an introductory nursing course such as Nursing 101 or equivalent OR completed a semester of a school sponsored clinical rotation in an acute setting.
Licenses and Certifications:
BLS certification (American Heart Association only) required.
*Glucose certifications are provided by CentraState during orientation.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Strong professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare team.
CentraState Healthcare System, a partner of Atlantic Health System, is a fully accredited, not-for-profit, community-based health system that provides comprehensive health services in the central New Jersey region. In addition to offering a full range of leading-edge diagnostic and treatment options, CentraState serves as a valuable health partner focused on the latest ways to prevent disease, promote healthy behaviors, and help people of all ages live life well. Based in Freehold, CentraState is comprised of a 284-bed acute-care hospital, a vibrant health and wellness campus, three award-winning senior living communities, a charitable foundation, and convenient satellite health pavilions offering primary care and specialty physician practices, along with access to outpatient services, such as lab and physical therapy. The system also offers a family medicine residency and geriatric fellowship training program in affiliation with Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. Among its many honors and accreditations, CentraState is one of less than two percent of hospitals nationwide to earn Magnet® designation for nursing excellence four times and was designated a Great Place to Work-Certified™ Company by Great Place to Work® for the second consecutive year.
When you bring your talent to CentraState, you are joining a trailblazing healthcare facility, committed to providing high-quality, patient-focused care. Join us in making incredible strides in health care, and making a difference in our community. We believe in enriching the lives of our employees through work/life balance initiatives, tuition assistance, career advancement opportunities and much more.
Find out why our employees love their jobs and being part of the CentraState family!
What We Offer:
- Highly competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package and rewards program
- 403(b) retirement plan with company match
- 401(a) retirement plan with employer contribution
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Profit Sharing Program
- Growth Opportunity and Workforce Development Initiatives
- Continuing Education / Onsite Training
- A warm, welcoming company culture based upon mutual respect and a collaborative goal of providing excellent patient care
- Concierge Services with Work & Family Benefits
- Magnet recognized healthcare facility
At CentraState Healthcare System, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
CentraState Healthcare System, is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and, therefore, abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual or affectional orientation, national origin or nationality, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, protected veteran status, ancestry, marital status.