CentraState Healthcare System, a leading healthcare provider located in Monmouth County currently has an employment opportunity available for Patient Care Technician’s.
The PCT provides skilled technical assistance to licensed professionals by performing assigned duties and services required to deliver quality patient care. Provides basic nursing care and assists patient with activities of daily living.
- Provides considerate respectful care focused upon the patient’s individual need.
- Affirms the patient’s right to make decisions regarding his/her medical care, including the decision to discontinue treatment, to the extent permitted by law.
- Demonstrates the ability to obtain information and interpret information in terms of the needs of the age of the patients cared for. Demonstrates an understanding of the range of care needed based on the age of the patients cared for.
- Successfully completes life-span education as appropriate.
- Correctly performs all scheduled and assigned tasks while continually observing patient needs.
- Accurately checks exterior of code cart each shift.
- Verbalizes/performs understanding of 1:1 precautions and documents appropriately.
- Always answers patient call lights in a timely manner.
- Provides basic nursing care, including partial and/or complete direct personal hygienic care to patients (i.e.: bathing, feeding, diversional activity) and assists patients with activities of daily living.
- Provides partial and/or complete direct personal hygienic care to patients.
- Correctly makes occupied and unoccupied beds.
- Assists with the elimination needs of the patient while providing privacy and dignity.
- Correctly feeds patients.
- Performs tasks to maintain patient mobility.
- Accurately performs simple wound care and ostomy care.
- Correctly empties drainage bags and maintains accurate intake and output documentation.
- Accurately performs incentive spirometry and pulse oximetry.
- Collects and labels specimens without error.
- Correctly sets up and maintains oxygen equipment for the Emergency Department.
- Accurately maintains feeding tubes.
- Accurately collects and documents patient data (TPR, I&O, specimen collection, height and weight) utilizing learned technical skills under the direction of the RN. Accurately documents patient data and comfort rounds in Wellsoft system.
- Accurately obtains and documents temperatures, pulses, respirations and blood pressure.
- Collects blood specimens through venipuncture and/or capillary finger stick.
- Accurately performs bedside glucose monitoring, and calibration of Accucheck and enters data.
- Retrieves blood from the Blood Bank.
- Performs post mortem care.
- Notifies nurse immediately for patient’s complaints of pain/discomfort and any observed change in condition. Provides appropriate interventions for pain as directed by nurse and reports outcomes.
- Follows CentraState policy regarding restraint application, documentation and observation.
- Properly performs electrocardiograms.
- Performs rounding as per guidelines.
- Accurately measures and documents intake and output.
- Reports patient intake and output to nurse.
- Supports cost containment through efficient use of equipment, supplies and other pertinent resources.
High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- One year nursing assistant healthcare experience required OR
- Successful completion of an approved CNA or PCT training course required OR
- Currently enrolled in a degreed nursing program AND completed an introductory nursing course such as Nursing 101 or equivalent OR completed a semester of a school sponsored clinical rotation in an acute setting OR
Licenses and Certifications:
BLS certification (American Heart Association only) required.
*Glucose certifications are provided by CentraState during orientation.
Non-violent Crisis Intervention certification required. New hires must receive certification within 3 months of hire. Renewal certifications will be completed every 2 years.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Strong professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare team.
Works in a normal hospital environment with frequent exposure to sick or injured patients.
Daily potential for exposure to blood and/or body fluids.
Sitting – Occasionally
Standing/Walking – Continuously
Kneeling/Stooping – Occasionally
Bending/Climbing – Rarely
Reaching above shoulder, at waist or below waist – Frequently
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling up to 40 pounds – Occasionally
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling over 40 pounds – Occasionally
Typing/Filing – Frequently
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
At CentraState, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
Additionally, CentraState Healthcare System prohibits discrimination based on arbitrary consideration of such characteristics such as race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), affectual or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or limitation, medical condition, genetic information, or veteran or military status, as well as any other legally protected class of persons and acts, in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws.