Provides skilled technical assistance to licensed professionals by performing assigned duties and services required to deliver quality patient care. Follows established standards, Joint Commission, and CSHS policies and procedures. A patient focused care model utilizing a multidisciplinary approach is used as the method to deliver care in the department.
- Provides considerate respectful care focused upon the patient’s individual need.
- Accurately checks exterior of code cart each shift.
- Affirms the patient’s right to make decisions regarding his/her medical care, including the decision to discontinue treatment, to the extent permitted by law.
- Collects and labels specimens without error.
- Accurately performs bedside glucose monitoring, and calibration of Accucheck and enters data.
- Correctly performs all scheduled and assigned tasks while continually observing patient needs.
- Retrieves blood from the Blood Bank.
- Verbalizes/performs understanding of 1:1 precautions and documents appropriately.
- Performs post mortem care.
- Follows CentraState policy regarding restraint application, documentation and observation.
- Always answers patient call lights in a timely manner.
- Provides basic nursing care, including partial and/or complete direct personal hygienic care to patients (i.e.: bathing, feeding, diversional activity) and assists patients with activities of daily living.
- Properly performs electrocardiograms.
- Provides partial and/or complete direct personal hygienic care to patients.
- Accurately performs simple wound care and ostomy care.
- Accurately collects and documents patient data (TPR, I&O, specimen collection, height and weight) utilizing learned technical skills under the direction of the RN. Accurately documents patient data and comfort rounds in Wellsoft system.
- Correctly makes occupied and unoccupied beds.
- Notifies nurse immediately for patient’s complaints of pain/discomfort and any observed change in condition. Provides appropriate interventions for pain as directed by nurse and reports outcomes.
- Assists with the elimination needs of the patient while providing privacy and dignity.
- Performs rounding as per guidelines.
- Correctly feeds patients.
- Performs tasks to maintain patient mobility.
- Accurately maintains feeding tubes.
- Accurately performs incentive spirometry and pulse oximetry.
- Accurately obtains and documents temperatures, pulses, respirations and blood pressure.
- Accurately measures and documents intake and output.
- Reports patient intake and output to nurse.
- Supports cost containment through efficient use of equipment, supplies and other pertinent resources.
High School Diploma Or Equivalent Preferred
Must meet one of the following:
One year nursing assistant healthcare experience required or
Successful completion of an approved CNA or PCT approved training course required or
Currently enrolled in a degreed nursing program AND completed an introductory nursing course such as Nursing 101 or equivalent OR completed a semester of a school sponsored clinical rotation in an acute setting.
Licenses and Certifications:
BLS Certification Required
Additional Certification/Licensure Requirements
Glucose certification is provided by CentraState during orientation.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Strong professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare team.
Works in a normal hospital environment with frequent exposure to sick or injured patients.
Daily potential for exposure to blood and/or body fluids.
Sitting – Occasionally
Standing/Walking – Continuously
Kneeling/Stooping – Occasionally
Bending/Climbing – Rarely
Reaching above shoulder, at waist or below waist – Frequently
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling up to 40 pounds – Occasionally
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling over 40 pounds – Occasionally
Typing/Filing – Frequently
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
CentraState Healthcare System prohibits discrimination based on arbitrary consideration of such characteristics such as race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), affectual or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or limitation, medical condition, genetic information, or veteran or military status, as well as any other legally protected class of persons and acts, in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws.
At CentraState, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
Additionally, CentraState Healthcare System prohibits discrimination based on arbitrary consideration of such characteristics such as race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), affectual or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or limitation, medical condition, genetic information, or veteran or military status, as well as any other legally protected class of persons and acts, in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws.