Total Joint & Orthopedic: This brand new, 15-private-bed unit is full of excellent opportunities to learn the unique and interesting specialty of caring for the orthopedic patient. This busy unit consistently supports a full census while still offering an appealing nurse to patient ratio of 1 to 5. While the patient population at this time is mostly orthopedic with a mix of less acute medical patients, this unit is anticipating transitioning to a strictly orthopedic unit as a greater number of orthopedic physicians come on board. The unit also has all private beds with a shower in each room, easing the rehab process of patients learning to ambulate to shower and recover the rest of their activities of daily living. Additionally, the large and private patient rooms allow for patients to have personalized physical therapy in the comfort and privacy of their own room. Patient population will include a large number of post-op patients such as patients recovering from total joint knee/hip replacements or ankle surgeries, and also care of patients recovering from fractures. Experience this opportunity to specialize in the unique care of orthopedic patients in a setting conducive to professional growth and successful patient outcome.
CentraState Medical Center has an employment opportunity available for a Patient Care Technician.The PCT provides skilled technical assistance to licensed professionals by performing assigned duties and services required to deliver quality patient care. Provides basic nursing care and assists patient with activities of daily living.
- Provides considerate respectful care focused upon the patient’s individual need.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- One year nursing assistant healthcare experience required OR
- Successful completion of an approved CNA or PCT training course required OR
- Currently enrolled in a degreed nursing program AND completed an introductory nursing course such as Nursing 101 or equivalent OR completed a semester of a school sponsored clinical rotation in an acute setting
- BLS certification (American Heart Association only) required
- *Glucose certifications are provided by CentraState during orientation
- Strong professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare team
CentraState Healthcare System, a partner of Atlantic Health System, is a fully accredited, not-for-profit, community-based health system that provides comprehensive health services in the central New Jersey region. In addition to offering a full range of leading-edge diagnostic and treatment options, CentraState serves as a valuable health partner focused on the latest ways to prevent disease, promote healthy behaviors, and help people of all ages live life well. Based in Freehold, CentraState is comprised of a 284-bed acute-care hospital, a vibrant health and wellness campus, three award-winning senior living communities, a charitable foundation, and convenient satellite health pavilions offering primary care and specialty physician practices, along with access to outpatient services, such as lab and physical therapy. The system also offers a family medicine residency and geriatric fellowship training program in affiliation with Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. Among its many honors and accreditations, CentraState is one of less than two percent of hospitals nationwide to earn Magnet® designation for nursing excellence four times and was designated a Great Place to Work-Certified™ Company by Great Place to Work® for the second consecutive year.
When you bring your talent to CentraState, you are joining a trailblazing healthcare facility, committed to providing high-quality, patient-focused care. Join us in making incredible strides in health care, and making a difference in our community. We believe in enriching the lives of our employees through work/life balance initiatives, tuition assistance, career advancement opportunities and much more.
Find out why our employees love their jobs and being part of the CentraState family!
What We Offer:
- Highly competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package and rewards program
- 403(b) retirement plan with company match
- 401(a) retirement plan with employer contribution
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Profit Sharing Program
- Growth Opportunity and Workforce Development Initiatives
- Continuing Education / Onsite Training
- A warm, welcoming company culture based upon mutual respect and a collaborative goal of providing excellent patient care
- Concierge Services with Work & Family Benefits
- Magnet recognized healthcare facility
At CentraState Healthcare System, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
CentraState Healthcare System, is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and, therefore, abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual or affectional orientation, national origin or nationality, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, protected veteran status, ancestry, marital status.