Functions as a liaison in the Emergency department and the inpatient units between the patient/family and CentraState Healthcare System by addressing issues and concerns raised by the patient and/or family to improve patient satisfaction.
- Provides emotional support to patients and anxious family members.
- The ED Rep acts as liaison between patient and /or family members and appropriate staff, including radiology, nursing, ultrasound, lab, transport, admitting, housekeeping, and access services.
- Acts as liaison between patient and/or family members and appropriate staff (including physicians). Listen to patient concerns.
- Attends bed management.
- Answers patient/family questions in ED waiting area. Investigates delays in treatment and wait times.
- Conducts rounds with ED patients to check their status, provides comfort care, food, etc. Provides information based on questions asked by patients, after clearing with ED staff.
- Coordinates CentraStar employees, including: locating employee mentioned, emailing dept. manager for approval, scheduling photo, notifying Public Relations, displaying recognition.
- Documents all lost belongings into RL Solutions.
- Documents patient complaints and notifies supervisor.
- Documents formal complaints and concerns through by protocol.
- Establishes and maintains a good working rapport with clinicians throughout the System, Foundation and Administration.
- Exchanges phones and call bells that are broken.
- After 8pm, handles floor issues. Maintains contact and update nursing supervisor. Maintains contact with IP Rep.
- Keeps supervisor informed of all complaints, losses, etc. on an ongoing basis.
- Keeps track of all VIP patients. Documents stay in department and visit twice daily. Maintains contact with Foundation where appropriate.
- Orders supplies, including pads, pens, eye masks, crayons, and coloring books.
- Performs formal documentation protocol for all patient concerns and follow up. Informs 6p-10p Reps about any and all issues that have occurred during the day, as well as emails received the following day on any issues that need follow up.
- Precepts new employees.
- Promotes safe work practices. Clear hallways and keep safe work conditions.
- Provides bus tickets and makes taxi calls for patients, as requested by nursing.
- Provides wheelchairs to patients as needed. Locates wheelchairs throughout facility as needed.
- Reports televisions that are broken and cannot be fixed with Rep intervention.
- Responds to calls from administration on family/patient complaints.
- Responds to codes.
- Purchases balloons for patients with birthdays.
- Responsible for patient comfort by providing Bibles and magazines for patients. Provides call bells, remotes, and phones in working order.
- Returns any calls related to patient issues.
- Visits all patients in ED that are holding to be admitted.
- Visits all admitted patients.
- Works with admitting/throughput.
- Updates supervisor on all issues that have occurred during the shift in the event should follow-up be required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Experience in healthcare required.
Licenses and Certifications:
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Strong customer service skills.
Works in Emergency department and inpatient units visiting sick/injured patients.
Potential for exposure to blood and/or body fluids.
Sitting – Occasionally
Standing/Walking – Continuously
Kneeling/Stooping – Rarely
Bending/Climbing – Never
Reaching above shoulder, at waist or below waist – Rarely
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling up to 40 pounds – Occasionally
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling over 40 pounds – Occasionally
Typing/Filing – Rarely
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
CentraState Healthcare System prohibits discrimination based on arbitrary consideration of such characteristics such as race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), affectual or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or limitation, medical condition, genetic information, or veteran or military status, as well as any other legally protected class of persons and acts, in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws.