Provides quality pharmaceutical services to patients, physicians, nurses and other health professionals in accordance with established professional standards. Assists Pharmacy Manager with daily operations.
- Processes (Reviews for appropriateness, Clarifies, Profiles, Verifies, and Dispenses) orders in a timely and accurate manner within established department standards.
- Consistently demonstrates good aseptic technique and prepares sterile preparations in a timely and accurate manner within the USP 797 and USP 800 requirements
- Performs Clinical Interventions based on P&T approved protocol and clinical / professional judgement.
- Actively supplies drug information and or consultations to physicians, nurses, other allied health care professionals and patients.
- Quality / Performance Improvement
- Actively participates in quality and performance improvement initiatives in the department.
- Assists the Lead Pharmacist and Manager with operational needs and projects.
- Regulatory / Professional Standards
- Complies with regulatory and professional standards.
- Provides recommendations on improvement in this area.
Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy or PharmD.
1 year of Hospital experience preferred
Licenses and Certifications:
Pharmacist License in the state of New Jersey
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Strong professional, organizational and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare team and patients. Proficiency in Word® and Excel®.
Works in a normal hospital environment with frequent exposure to sick or injured patients.
Potential for exposure to blood and/or body fluids.
Sitting – Occasionally
Standing/Walking – Frequently
Kneeling/Stooping – Rarely
Bending/Climbing – Rarely
Reaching above shoulder, at waist or below waist – Rarely
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling up to 40 pounds – Rarely
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling over 40 pounds – Never
Typing/Filing – Occasionally
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
At CentraState, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
Additionally, CentraState Healthcare System prohibits discrimination based on arbitrary consideration of such characteristics such as race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), affectual or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or limitation, medical condition, genetic information, or veteran or military status, as well as any other legally protected class of persons and acts, in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws.