Provides quality pharmaceutical services to patients, physicians, nurses and other health professionals in accordance with established professional standards. Supports the Pharmacy Leadership team and staff with technology associated with strategic planning and daily operations.
- Human Resources
- Develops, implements and manages Core & On-Going competencies associated with technology.
- Orients new employees to the technology applications.
- Keeps the staff informed about technology issues and initiatives.
- Strategic Planning
- Is the primary Liaison with the Information System Department.
- Continually evaluates technology hardware and applications for improvement.
- Monitors and addresses the technology dashboard to insure that IT related issues, jobs and projects are being addressed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Monitors, manages and updates all operational, clinical, and financial applications for the pharmacy.
- Monitors, manages and updates Automated Dispensing Cabinet hardware and software to optimize performance and to mitigate the potential for diversion.
- Addresses and resolves Finance’s inquiries associated with billing.
- Quality / Performance Improvement
- Actively participates in quality and performance improvement initiatives in the department.
- Develops and reports on key performance indicators for areas of responsibility.
- Validates the accuracy and effectiveness of our technology and the associated processes.
- Regulatory / Professional Standards
- Complies with regulatory and professional standards.
- Provides recommendations on improvement in this area.
- Oversees and responds to all survey’s and testing associated with technology.
Bachelors’s degree in Pharmacy or PharmD
Minimum Work Experience
1 year of Hospital Pharmacy experience.
Pharmacist License in the state of New Jersey
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Strong professional, organizational and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare team and patients. Proficiency in Word®, Excel®, clinical systems and automated dispensing systems.
Works in a normal hospital environment with frequent exposure to sick or injured patients.
Potential for exposure to blood and/or body fluids.
Sitting – Occasionally
Standing/Walking – Frequently
Kneeling/Stooping – Rarely
Bending/Climbing – Rarely
Reaching above shoulder, at waist or below waist – Rarely
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling up to 40 pounds – Rarely
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling over 40 pounds – Never
Typing/Filing – Occasionally
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
At CentraState, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
Additionally, CentraState Healthcare System prohibits discrimination based on arbitrary consideration of such characteristics such as race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), affectual or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or limitation, medical condition, genetic information, or veteran or military status, as well as any other legally protected class of persons and acts, in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws.