CentraState Helathcare System, headquartered in Freehold, New Jersey is a leading non – profit healthcare delivery system in New Jersey. The System includes CentraState Medical Center , and a charitable foundation. As the 3rd largest employer in Monmouth County, CentraState Healthcare System continues to live up to its reputation of being a truly great place to work recently designated a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company.
The Inpatient phlebotomist draws patients on hospital inpatient nursing units, One-Day Surgery Dept., Pre-Admission Testing and Short-Stay unit. When the hospital is experiencing a patient surge, a phlebotomist(s) may also be assigned to the Emergency Room.
The Inpatient phlebotomist draws blood on admitted patients. There are three shifts: 5a-1p, 1p-9p and 9-7am. The 5a-1p inpatient phlebotomist is expected to draw 25-30 patients on early morning rounds. This includes routine, STAT and ALERT draws. Inpatient is a fast-paced, customer-focused environment with high patient volume. The ability to work well within a team of phlebotomists is required. Communicating often and effectively with your team is essential. 1 year experience; ASCP-certified phlebotomy technician is preferred.
- Collects blood specimens on newborns to senior citizens through venipuncture, capillary fingerstick, or heelstick
- Obtains blood according to lab policy and procedure with minimal bruising to patient
- Labels tubes at the patient bedside and initials
- Draws routine, STAT and ALERT (stroke, medical response) specimens
- Maintains 100% compliance with positive patient identification
- Responds to various ALERTS throughout the hospital campus
- Assists in the specimen processing area when not on the floor or responding to alerts by receiving specimens collected on the floor by nurses, answering phones, stocking collection supplies, etc.
- Uses various computer applications
- Practices universal precautions at all times
- Respects patient confidentiality
High school diploma or equivalent required
Phlebotomy experience preferred (Inpatient)
Three years’ experience as ASCP-certified phlebotomy technician preferred (Outreach)
Licenses and Certifications:
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Proficient computer skills required for registering patients and ordering lab tests
Strong professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare team
CentraState Healthcare System aims to enhance the health and well-being of our communities through the compassionate delivery of quality healthcare. We are confident that you will find success within CentraState Healthcare System, which is Magnet Recognized and was designation a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company by Great Place to Work®. When you bring your talent to CentraState, you are joining a trailblazing healthcare facility, committed to providing in high-quality, patient-focused care. Join us in making incredible strides in healthcare, and making a difference in our community.
We believe in enriching the lives of our employees through work/life balance initiatives, tuition assistance, career advancement opportunities and much more.
Find out why our employees love their jobs and being part of the CentraState family!
What We Offer:
- Highly competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package and rewards program
- Leading edge technology
- Great staff-to-patient ratio’s
- Career Development and Growth Opportunity
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Comprehensive Retirement / Savings Programs
- Continuing Education / Onsite Training
- A warm, welcoming company culture based upon mutual respect and a collaborative goal of providing excellent patient care
- Profit Sharing Program
- Concierge Services with Work & Family Benefits
- Magnet recognized healthcare facility
At CentraState, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
Additionally, CentraState Healthcare System prohibits discrimination based on arbitrary consideration of such characteristics such as race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), affectual or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or limitation, medical condition, genetic information, or veteran or military status, as well as any other legally protected class of persons and acts, in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws.