The Plant Operations Engineer II performs a variety of maintenance and engineering duties.
- Gives guidance and instruction to mechanics less experienced in a given trade.
- Makes constructive recommendations for modification of preventive maintenance system.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the operation of all plant equipment including but not limited to hot water boilers, steam boilers, chillers, pumps, air handling units, water softeners, compressors, medical gas systems, alarms, and emergency generators to insure the comfort and safety of patients, staff, and visitors.
- Operates and maintains plant equipment to manufacturer’s specifications.
- Demonstrates ability to identify system failures and troubleshoot plant equipment in detail to restore to operation or contain problem.
- Performs water treatment tests correctly and obtains accurate results. Recognizes need for, and takes, appropriate corrective action when indicated.
- Assists in making decisions on all normal and minor repairs and reports major problems to Director or Manager.
- Is aware of own limitations and refers problems beyond scope of expertise to the Director or Supervisor.
- Reads blueprints or models accurately.
- Reads blueprints or models to learn work layout or plans own work layout, making routine computations as needed.
- Constructs, finishes, installs, maintains and repairs equipment, systems and facilities related to any craft or combination of same, using power and hand tools and other necessary equipment.
- Utilizes correct tools and appropriate safety measures when working with power and hand tools.
- Performs a variety of semi-skilled and skilled work in various crafts such as carpentry, plumbing, electrical work, sheet metal work, machinist work, painting, welding, masonry.
- Completes work assignments following proper techniques and departmental standards for quality.
- Demonstrates knowledge of plant and specialty equipment (i.e.: sterilizers, dietary equipment, sprinkler systems, ice makers, and other plant and specialty equipment).
- Performs necessary service and repairs to equipment following manufacturer specifications.
- Ensures all work areas are kept clean and free of safety hazards (shops, mechanical rooms, patient areas, etc).
- Is aware of, and follows applicable local, state and federal regulations.
- Conducts all scheduled rounds, tests and inspections as required.
- Promptly responds to all emergency calls and drills. Demonstrates knowledge of emergency procedures.
- Removes snow and ice when required to ensure the safety of CentraState patients, residents, employees, emergency personnel, and visitors. Based on population served, as well as nature and hours of operation, staff are required to be on site to perform this essential work extended hours and outside of regularly scheduled hours as needed.
- Maintains accurate and complete logs following departmental guidelines.
- High School Diploma Or Equivalent Required
- 5 Years Plant Operator Required
- Health Care Institution Preferred
- Minimum of five years’ experience as a Plant Operator required, preferably in a health care institution. Two years of trade school may be substituted for two years of the experience requirement. Plant Operations Engineers currently employed at CentraState must follow the Building Service’s Career Opportunities policy in order to be promoted to the position of Plant Operations Engineer II.
Licenses and Certifications:
- High Pressure Black Seal License / New Jersey Required
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to read, comprehend, and transmit complicated detailed instructions in writing and orally. Demonstrated skill in HVAC operation, maintenance repair and basic understanding of other trades required. Must be able to meet deadlines.
CentraState Healthcare System aims to enhance the health and well-being of our communities through the compassionate delivery of quality healthcare. We are confident that you will find success within CentraState Healthcare System, which is Magnet Recognized and was designation a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company by Great Place to Work®. When you bring your talent to CentraState, you are joining a trailblazing healthcare facility, committed to providing in high-quality, patient-focused care. Join us in making incredible strides in healthcare, and making a difference in our community.
We believe in enriching the lives of our employees through work/life balance initiatives, tuition assistance, career advancement opportunities and much more.
Find out why our employees love their jobs and being part of the CentraState family!
What We Offer:
- Highly competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package and rewards program
- Leading edge technology
- Great staff-to-patient ratio’s
- Career Development and Growth Opportunity
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Comprehensive Retirement / Savings Programs
- Continuing Education / Onsite Training
- A warm, welcoming company culture based upon mutual respect and a collaborative goal of providing excellent patient care
- Profit Sharing Program
- Concierge Services with Work & Family Benefits
- Magnet recognized healthcare facility
At CentraState, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
Additionally, CentraState Healthcare System prohibits discrimination based on arbitrary consideration of such characteristics such as race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), affectual or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or limitation, medical condition, genetic information, or veteran or military status, as well as any other legally protected class of persons and acts, in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws.