Under the direction of the Clinical Director, manages the Point of Care Testing program throughout the hospital system. Manages laboratory compliance in relation to policies, procedures, and HIPAA. Supervises the operation of the laboratory computer system. Works within the department and as a part of the Medical Center’s Management Team to operationalize the patient care and service goals and objectives established by senior management.
- Acts as a technical resource to staff and resolves problems or refers to Manager or Director
- Participates in Divisional or system wide initiatives by providing advice and counsel in area of expertise, and working on committee as assigned.
- Monitors Quality Control, Proficiency testing and training, and maintaining documentation while assuring compliance with regulatory agencies.
- Develops Performance Improvement Plans and achieves desired results. Continually assesses and improves the quality of services provided and documents results
- Receives satisfactory evaluation of performance policies and procedures for POCT, and Lab General, where applicable.
- Prepares new procedures for POCT and other disciplines (as needed), per regulatory standards.
- Ensures completion of all required reports and documentation
- Assess the programs and activities of the section as they relate to patient care goals of the system and recommends new programs and services.
- Utilizes effective teaching strategies and materials to provide staff education programs
- Reviews course evaluations and utilizes feedback to improve programs
- Maintains documentation of staff educational activities in accordance with regulatory agencies
- Collaborates with various disciplines to provide appropriate instruction
- Participates in committees and task groups to facilitate education throughout the system
- Reviews discipline specific literature and communicate major issues and developments to management and staff
- Participates in seminars and other off-site educational sessions
- Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology required
- Minimum of five years laboratory experience required
- Three years of supervisory experience preferred
- ASCP registration or HEW registration required
- Strong professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare team
CentraState Healthcare System, a partner of Atlantic Health System, is a fully accredited, not-for-profit, community-based health system that provides comprehensive health services in the central New Jersey region. In addition to offering a full range of leading-edge diagnostic and treatment options, CentraState serves as a valuable health partner focused on the latest ways to prevent disease, promote healthy behaviors, and help people of all ages live life well. Based in Freehold, CentraState is comprised of a 284-bed acute-care hospital, a vibrant health and wellness campus, three award-winning senior living communities, a charitable foundation, and convenient satellite health pavilions offering primary care and specialty physician practices, along with access to outpatient services, such as lab and physical therapy. The system also offers a family medicine residency and geriatric fellowship training program in affiliation with Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. Among its many honors and accreditations, CentraState is one of less than two percent of hospitals nationwide to earn Magnet® designation for nursing excellence four times and was designated a Great Place to Work-Certified™ Company by Great Place to Work® for the second consecutive year.
When you bring your talent to CentraState, you are joining a trailblazing healthcare facility, committed to providing high-quality, patient-focused care. Join us in making incredible strides in health care, and making a difference in our community. We believe in enriching the lives of our employees through work/life balance initiatives, tuition assistance, career advancement opportunities and much more.
Find out why our employees love their jobs and being part of the CentraState family!
What We Offer:
- Highly competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package and rewards program
- 403(b) retirement plan with company match
- 401(a) retirement plan with employer contribution
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Profit Sharing Program
- Growth Opportunity and Workforce Development Initiatives
- Continuing Education / Onsite Training
- A warm, welcoming company culture based upon mutual respect and a collaborative goal of providing excellent patient care
- Concierge Services with Work & Family Benefits
- Magnet recognized healthcare facility
At CentraState Healthcare System, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
CentraState Healthcare System, is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and, therefore, abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual or affectional orientation, national origin or nationality, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, protected veteran status, ancestry, marital status.