Provides support to the VP Quality and Patient Safety in the design, development and management of system projects and initiatives related to the strategic planning initiatives relevant to performance improvement, patient safety and high reliability.
Supports and coordinates the Medical Staff Performance Improvement, Peer Review and Focused Review functions in compliance with the Medical Staff Quality Improvement Plan and related policies and procedures. Works closely with the other departments of CentraState Medical Center to obtain appropriate quality information such as Risk Management, Quality and Patient Safety, and Information Technology and Support.
Performs clinical data reviews and/ or abstractions for publicly reported quality measures.
Facilitates/assists with quality improvement projects for teams and/or departments as assigned.
- Assists in the development and implementation of patient safety, performance improvement, regulatory readiness and high reliability programs.
- Provides system administrator support for safety reporting system, reviews safety events and provides the necessary follow-up.
- Tracks and trends the safety data and develops appropriate action plans and risk-modification strategies.
- Conducts root cause analyses in response to unexpected occurrences that caused or may cause serious physical or psychological injury.
- Assists with submission to the New Jersey Patient Safety Division of Department of Health and other regulatory agencies.
- Produces and submits clinical data reports as requested by administration, clinical departments or committees, using available information systems and databases.
- Participates in statistical analysis, interpretation and monitoring of clinical data.
- Establishes and supports organizational multidisciplinary and unit-based teams for safety and performance improvement initiatives.
- Serves as a safety/performance improvement resource by collaborating with personnel and departments involved in patient safety and performance improvement activities.
- Demonstrates and applies knowledge of performance improvement processes and regulatory standards to provide project support and data collection assistance for the improvement of organizational or departmental systems and processes.
- Ensures and monitors compliance with the national patient safety goals and results of the patient safety culture survey; reviews and monitors actions from safety events.
- Conducts proactive risk assessments to mitigate loss and promote patient safety.
- Performs retrospective reviews of medical records to assure compliance with the PRO’s Scope of Work and Joint Commission CORE measures.
- Integrates knowledge of external standards, including Joint Commission and other state and federal regulations pertaining to quality and safety.
- Conducts research and promotes implementation of evidence-based guidelines.
- Attends in-service training sessions and seminars to maintain and improve knowledge of performance improvement techniques.
- Participates in new employee orientation that includes current patient safety expectations, strategies and initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Master’s degree preferred
- Two to three years of quality management/performance improvement, safety and/or risk management experience required
- Experience in an acute care environment required
Licenses and Certifications:
- RN License/New Jersey preferred
- Related certification preferred
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Strong critical thinking skills.
Strong interpersonal, writing, verbal and analytical skills.
Must be a self-starter and work well under multiple deadline constraints.
Must be proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite.
Experience with Microsoft Visio, Access, and Project Management desired.
CentraState Healthcare System, a partner of Atlantic Health System, is a fully accredited, not-for-profit, community-based health system that provides comprehensive health services in the central New Jersey region. In addition to offering a full range of leading-edge diagnostic and treatment options, CentraState serves as a valuable health partner focused on the latest ways to prevent disease, promote healthy behaviors, and help people of all ages live life well. Based in Freehold, CentraState is comprised of a 284-bed acute-care hospital, a vibrant health and wellness campus, three award-winning senior living communities, a charitable foundation, and convenient satellite health pavilions offering primary care and specialty physician practices, along with access to outpatient services, such as lab and physical therapy. The system also offers a family medicine residency and geriatric fellowship training program in affiliation with Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. Among its many honors and accreditations, CentraState is one of less than two percent of hospitals nationwide to earn Magnet® designation for nursing excellence four times and was designated a Great Place to Work-Certified™ Company by Great Place to Work® for the second consecutive year.
When you bring your talent to CentraState, you are joining a trailblazing healthcare facility, committed to providing high-quality, patient-focused care. Join us in making incredible strides in health care, and making a difference in our community. We believe in enriching the lives of our employees through work/life balance initiatives, tuition assistance, career advancement opportunities and much more.
Find out why our employees love their jobs and being part of the CentraState family!
What We Offer:
- Highly competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package and rewards program
- 403(b) retirement plan with company match
- 401(a) retirement plan with employer contribution
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Profit Sharing Program
- Growth Opportunity and Workforce Development Initiatives
- Continuing Education / Onsite Training
- A warm, welcoming company culture based upon mutual respect and a collaborative goal of providing excellent patient care
- Concierge Services with Work & Family Benefits
- Magnet recognized healthcare facility
At CentraState Healthcare System, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
CentraState Healthcare System, is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and, therefore, abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual or affectional orientation, national origin or nationality, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, protected veteran status, ancestry, marital status.