CentraState Healthcare System, headquartered in Freehold, New Jersey is a leading non – profit healthcare delivery system in New Jersey. The System includes CentraState Medical Center , and a charitable foundation. As the 3rd largest employer in Monmouth County, CentraState Healthcare System continues to live up to its reputation of being a truly great place to work recently designated a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company.
Statesir Cancer Center at CentraState is seeking a full-time Radiation Therapist. The Radiation Therapist applies ionizing radiation to patients in accordance with the prescription and instruction of the Radiation Oncologist. Organizes and administers professional and compassionate care to all patients in accordance with the objectives, and policies and procedures of the hospital and the department.
- Demonstrates the ability to obtain information and interpret information in terms of the needs of the age and special needs of the patients cared for.
- Checks the prescription, diagnosis, chart, consent form and patient identification.
- Explains procedure to patient, means of communication during treatment and procedure to follow if emergency arises during treatment.
- Prepares room and equipment for patient including immobilization devices, treatment parameters, etc.
- Maintains patient’s treatment markings and keeps complete and precise treatment records.
- Observes patients for unusual reactions and events and reports to Radiation Oncologist; assists in emergency treatment as needed.
- Works in conjunction with the Radiation Oncologist and Dosimetry to accurately localize tumor volumes and plan radiotherapy.
- Fabricates appropriate immobilization devices to maximize reproducibility of treatments.
- Responsible for tattooing the patient according to departmental policy.
- Reports any treatment absences to the nurse and/or Radiation Oncologist.
- Maintains daily QA records to assure optimal functioning of the CT simulator, Linear.
- Fabricates cerrobend blocks for treatments according to Radiation Oncologist design.
- Maintains a safe Mold Room environment.
- Actively participates in performance improvement activities regarding treatment floor.
- Maintains patient first, holistic approach to patient care.
- High School Diploma Or Equivalent Required
- Formal training at an AMA approved Radiation Therapy School. Must have completed either two (2) years of Radiation Therapy training or two (2) years of x-ray training and one (1) year Radiation Therapy training.
- Related Experience Preferred
- State license / New Jersey Required
- ARRT Certification Required
- Additional Certification/Licensure Requirements
- ARRT certification eligibility acceptable. Must maintain CE requirements and CPR certification
- Strong customer service skills
Works in a well-lit and ventilated hospital environment. Risk of exposure to infectious diseases and radiation. Must rigidly observe monitoring and safety procedures to avoid overexposure to radiation.
Daily potential for exposure to blood and/or body fluids.
Sitting – Occasionally
Standing/Walking – Continuously
Kneeling/Stooping – Rarely
Bending/Climbing – Rarely
Reaching above shoulder, at waist or below waist – Rarely
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling up to 40 pounds – Occasionally
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling over 40 pounds – Occasionally
Typing/Filing – Rarely
Additional physical requirements:
Often needs to shift patient from wheelchair to treatment couch or stretcher to treatment couch.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
At CentraState, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
Additionally, CentraState Healthcare System prohibits discrimination based on arbitrary consideration of such characteristics such as race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), affectual or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or limitation, medical condition, genetic information, or veteran or military status, as well as any other legally protected class of persons and acts, in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws.