Administers nursing care to assigned patients that is in accordance with ANA standards, the NJ Practice Act, JCAHO and established hospital and Nursing Department policy and procedures.
- Implements nursing care as indicated by patient care plan.
- Provides nursing care for angiographic and other special procedures.
- Consistently includes patient and family in the development of an individualized plan of care.
- Administers medications as needed following CSHS policies and manufacturer’s instructions.
- Takes immediate and appropriate actions in the event of a medication variance occurrence.
- Maintains and upgrades own nursing practice and development.
- Recognizes changes in patient condition and/or emergencies situations and takes immediate and appropriate actions.
- Participates in unit conferences to discuss quality issues and quality improvement strategies.
- Makes decisions that demonstrate knowledge of nursing practice; utilizes sound nursing judgment in clinical and patient care management situations.
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills in the care of patients and in the coordination of care to assure the achievement of maximum outcome.
- Organizes and sets priorities for total patient care.
- Assesses and monitors patient condition while patient is in Radiology Department.
- Controls all medications and controlled drugs in the Radiology Department.
- Documents results of patient assessment, nursing diagnosis, care plan and patient progress in medical record.
- Recognizes adverse reactions to medications and takes immediate and appropriate actions.
- Supervises and directs the nursing staff in the administration of their programs and activities.
- Plans and assigns the work schedule for the Radiology Nurses.
- Functions as clinical liaison to Nurse Executive via participation in Nursing Leadership Committee.
- Assists with planning and managing the nursing operations of the department via participation in the Radiology Leadership Council.
- Participates in the ongoing evaluation of department educational programs.
- Starts and monitors IVS and solutions following nursing department policies and procedures.
Additional Educational Requirements
Graduate of an approved program for Registered nurses.
Minimum of two years nursing experience, ideally in Emergency or Critical Care.
Licenses and Certifications:
RN License / New Jersey Required
IV Certification Required
Telemetry Certification Preferred
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Satisfactory completion of the pharmacology test is required. Must have IV therapy experience. Strong professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare team.
Works in a normal hospital environment with frequent exposure to sick or injured patients.
Daily potential for exposure to blood and/or body fluids.
Sitting – Rarely
Standing/Walking – Occasionally
Kneeling/Stooping – Rarely
Bending/Climbing – Rarely
Reaching above shoulder, at waist or below waist – Rarely
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling up to 40 pounds – Continuously
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling over 40 pounds – Continuously
Typing/Filing – Occasionally
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
CentraState Healthcare System prohibits discrimination based on arbitrary consideration of such characteristics such as race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), affectual or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or limitation, medical condition, genetic information, or veteran or military status, as well as any other legally protected class of persons and acts, in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws.
At CentraState, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
Additionally, CentraState Healthcare System prohibits discrimination based on arbitrary consideration of such characteristics such as race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), affectual or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or limitation, medical condition, genetic information, or veteran or military status, as well as any other legally protected class of persons and acts, in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws.