Performs radiographic/fluoroscopic or other imaging procedures under the direction of a radiologist. Responsible for mentoring and training students in a cooperative learning environment.
- Prepares patient for examination.
- Prepares room, equipment and materials needed for examinations, positioning aids for patient comfort and security and protective shields and apparel.
- Takes images for diagnostic radiologic examinations according to established procedure. Scans required documents and transmits to the radiologist.
- Reviews images, documents completion of case, scans required documents and transmits to the Radiologist via PACS.
- Assists patient after completion of examination in preparation for departure.
- Stocks and supplies room and maintain cleanliness before and after patients.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Formal radiologic technology training at an AMA school.
- Previous related experience preferred.
Licenses and Certifications:
- State license/NJ required.
- ARRT certification strongly preferred.
- CPR certification required.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Strong professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare team.
Works in a normal hospital environment with exposure to infectious diseases and radiation. Must rigidly observe monitoring and safety procedures to avoid overexposure to radiation.
Daily potential for exposure to blood and/or body fluids.
Sitting – Rarely
Standing/Walking – Frequently
Kneeling/Stooping – Occasionally
Bending/Climbing – Occasionally
Reaching above shoulder, at waist or below waist – Frequently
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling up to 40 pounds – Continuously
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling over 40 pounds – Continuously
Typing/Filing – Rarely
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
At CentraState, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
Additionally, CentraState Healthcare System prohibits discrimination based on arbitrary consideration of such characteristics such as race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), affectual or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or limitation, medical condition, genetic information, or veteran or military status, as well as any other legally protected class of persons and acts, in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws.