Based on assigned area, greets and directs patients and visitors to facilitate patient flow in the Emergency Department or Outpatient Registration Department in a tactful and confidential manner. Enters patient demographics into hospital registration and tracking systems. Functions as primary source of communication between Emergency Department clinical staff and patients or acts as liaison between ancillary departments and registration department.
- Demonstrates strong decision making abilities and organizational skills while facilitating patient movement.
- Possesses strong communication skills to serve as the primary liaison between Emergency Department clinical staff and patients, families and visitors.
- Accurately inputs required information into hospital registration and tracking systems and is proficient on systems.
- Deals tactfully and calmly with problematic situations with patients, co-workers, supervisors and other departments.
- Possesses a strong knowledge of the hospital’s departments and procedures, and is able to communicate information appropriately.
- Handles CentraState Medical Center switchboard in professional timely manner. Demonstrates appropriate reaction to codes.
- Gathers and inputs patients’ demographics into the computer accurately, following all computer system procedures and departmental policies to insure accuracy and to ensure compliance with state and federal guidelines.
- Contributes to the overall quality of data input by auditing all imaged scans and documenting as per procedure.
- Checks eligibility via moden system to check insurance eligibility for all Medicaid and self-pay registrations.
- Responsible for maintaining Emergency Department Chart Log to ensure accurate collection and distribution of Emergency Department charts.
- Acts as liaison between ancillary departments and Outpatient Registration.
- Assigns and oversees the activities of the various volunteers assigned to the department.
- Completes quality checks on accounts returned to Outpatient Registration.
- Directs phone calls appropriately and direct patients and visitors to their destinations.
- Documents any issues thoroughly and appropriately.
- Handles departmental paperwork flow in a manner consistent with departmental policies and procedures.
- Helps to facilitate special situations such as security, prescriptions and/or referrals.
- Serves as primary liaison between Outpatient Registration and patients, families and visitors.
- Accurately scans Outreach and Interventional Radiology forms to appropriate accounts.
- Answers all calls in a professional and courteous manner, and is able to direct calls to the proper destination.
- Handles all faxes in a timely manner, filing them in the appropriate file or delivering them to the proper departments.
- Reads emails and responds to if necessary at least once during each shift.
- Helps to facilitate special situations such as obtaining prescriptions.
- Utilizes the sign in system to ensure wait times are minimal.
High School Diploma or Equivalent required or minimum 5 years’ experience in healthcare related clerical position in lieu of diploma
Previous hospital experience in scheduling, registration or billing preferred
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Knowledge of medical terminology and strong customer service skills
CentraState Healthcare System aims to enhance the health and well-being of our communities through the compassionate delivery of quality healthcare. We are confident that you will find success within CentraState Healthcare System, which is Magnet Recognized and was designation a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company by Great Place to Work®. When you bring your talent to CentraState, you are joining a trailblazing healthcare facility, committed to providing in high-quality, patient-focused care. Join us in making incredible strides in healthcare, and making a difference in our community.
We believe in enriching the lives of our employees through work/life balance initiatives, tuition assistance, career advancement opportunities and much more.
Find out why our employees love their jobs and being part of the CentraState family!
What We Offer:
- Highly competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package and rewards program
- Leading edge technology
- Great staff-to-patient ratio’s
- Career Development and Growth Opportunity
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Comprehensive Retirement / Savings Programs
- Continuing Education / Onsite Training
- A warm, welcoming company culture based upon mutual respect and a collaborative goal of providing excellent patient care
- Profit Sharing Program
- Concierge Services with Work & Family Benefits
- Magnet recognized healthcare facility
At CentraState, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
Additionally, CentraState Healthcare System prohibits discrimination based on arbitrary consideration of such characteristics such as race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), affectual or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or limitation, medical condition, genetic information, or veteran or military status, as well as any other legally protected class of persons and acts, in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws.