CentraState Healthcare System, headquartered in Freehold, New Jersey is a leading non – profit healthcare delivery system in New Jersey. The System includes CentraState Medical Center a community-based hospital, an ambulatory campus, three senior living facilities and three free-standing community health pavilions, and a charitable foundation. As the 3rd largest employer in Monmouth County, CentraState Healthcare System continues to live up to its reputation of being a truly great place to work recently designated a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company.
Access services is comprised of Central Scheduling, Outpatient Registration, Admitting, Insurance Verification, Cashier and ED Registration and Reception. Some benchmarks that we are very proud of include:
- Average wait/registration time is 9 minutes, compared to the national average of 11 minutes
- 60% of the Access Services are nationally Certified Healthcare Access Associates
- Outpatient Registration/Scheduling and ED Registration have been in the 90th percentile for the last 10 years
This department works closely as a team as a part of our revenue cycle management division.
Receptionist greets and directs patients and visitors to facilitate patient flow in the Emergency Department or Outpatient Registration Department in a tactful and confidential manner. Enters patient demographics into hospital registration and tracking systems. Functions as primary source of communication between Emergency Department clinical staff and patients or acts as liaison between ancillary departments and registration department.
- Demonstrates strong decision making abilities and organizational skills while facilitating patient movement.
- Possesses strong communication skills to serve as the primary liaison between Emergency Department clinical staff and patients, families and visitors.
- Accurately inputs required information into hospital registration and tracking systems and is proficient on systems.
- Deals tactfully and calmly with problematic situations with patients, co-workers, supervisors and other departments.
- Possesses a strong knowledge of the hospital’s departments and procedures, and is able to communicate information appropriately.
- Handles CentraState Medical Center switchboard in professional timely manner. Demonstrates appropriate reaction to codes.
- Gathers and inputs patients’ demographics into the computer accurately, following all computer system procedures and departmental policies to insure accuracy and to ensure compliance with state and federal guidelines.
- Contributes to the overall quality of data input by auditing all imaged scans and documenting as per procedure.
- Checks eligibility via moden system to check insurance eligibility for all Medicaid and self-pay registrations.
- Responsible for maintaining Emergency Department Chart Log to ensure accurate collection and distribution of Emergency Department charts.
- Acts as liaison between ancillary departments and Outpatient Registration.
- Assigns and oversees the activities of the various volunteers assigned to the department.
- Completes quality checks on accounts returned to Outpatient Registration.
- Directs phone calls appropriately and direct patients and visitors to their destinations.
- Documents any issues thoroughly and appropriately.
- Handles departmental paperwork flow in a manner consistent with departmental policies and procedures.
- Helps to facilitate special situations such as security, prescriptions and/or referrals.
- Serves as primary liaison between Outpatient Registration and patients, families and visitors.
- Accurately scans Outreach and Interventional Radiology forms to appropriate accounts.
- Answers all calls in a professional and courteous manner, and is able to direct calls to the proper destination.
- Handles all faxes in a timely manner, filing them in the appropriate file or delivering them to the proper departments.
- Reads emails and responds to if necessary at least once during each shift.
- Helps to facilitate special situations such as obtaining prescriptions.
- Utilizes the sign in system to ensure wait times are minimal.
High School Diploma or Equivalent required or minimum 5 years’ experience in healthcare related clerical position in lieu of diploma
Previous hospital experience in scheduling, registration or billing preferred
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Knowledge of medical terminology and strong customer service skills
CentraState Healthcare System, a partner of Atlantic Health System, is a fully accredited, not-for-profit, community-based health system that provides comprehensive health services in the central New Jersey region. In addition to offering a full range of leading-edge diagnostic and treatment options, CentraState serves as a valuable health partner focused on the latest ways to prevent disease, promote healthy behaviors, and help people of all ages live life well. Based in Freehold, CentraState is comprised of a 284-bed acute-care hospital, a vibrant health and wellness campus, three award-winning senior living communities, a charitable foundation, and convenient satellite health pavilions offering primary care and specialty physician practices, along with access to outpatient services, such as lab and physical therapy. The system also offers a family medicine residency and geriatric fellowship training program in affiliation with Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. Among its many honors and accreditations, CentraState is one of less than two percent of hospitals nationwide to earn Magnet® designation for nursing excellence four times and was designated a Great Place to Work-Certified™ Company by Great Place to Work® for the second consecutive year.
When you bring your talent to CentraState, you are joining a trailblazing healthcare facility, committed to providing high-quality, patient-focused care. Join us in making incredible strides in health care, and making a difference in our community. We believe in enriching the lives of our employees through work/life balance initiatives, tuition assistance, career advancement opportunities and much more.
Find out why our employees love their jobs and being part of the CentraState family!
What We Offer:
- Highly competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package and rewards program
- 403(b) retirement plan with company match
- 401(a) retirement plan with employer contribution
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Profit Sharing Program
- Growth Opportunity and Workforce Development Initiatives
- Continuing Education / Onsite Training
- A warm, welcoming company culture based upon mutual respect and a collaborative goal of providing excellent patient care
- Concierge Services with Work & Family Benefits
- Magnet recognized healthcare facility
At CentraState Healthcare System, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
CentraState Healthcare System, is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and, therefore, abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual or affectional orientation, national origin or nationality, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, protected veteran status, ancestry, marital status.