Under medical supervision, evaluates, treats and manages acutely ill patients of all ages with abnormalities, deficiencies, and/or failure of the cardio-pulmonary system.
- Performs and evaluates arterial puncture and analysis.
- Performs patient assessment and recommends appropriate interventions.
- Performs proper documentation to include, but not limited to, acuity, charges, productivity, patient education, etc.
- Performs appropriate routine oxygen and therapeutic and diagnostic interventions.
- Performs appropriate invasive and non-invasive ventilation interventions.
- Performs appropriately in all code and patient crisis interventions.
- Performs appropriately in all pediatric and neonatal interventions.
Maintains conservative use of all organizational resources.
- Graduate of an AMA approved training program in Respiratory Therapy
- Previous clinical experience preferred.
Licenses and Certifications:
- State license/NJ required.
- Registration by the NBRC required.
- CPR Certification required.
ACLS and PALS preferred.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Strong professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare team. Strong customer service skills.
Works in hospital environment. Possible exposure to infectious disease.
Daily potential for exposure to blood and/or body fluids.
Sitting – Rarely
Kneeling/Stooping – Rarely
Reaching above shoulder, at waist or below waist – Occasionally
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling up to 40 pounds –
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling over 40 pounds – Rarely
Typing/Filing – Rarely
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
CentraState Healthcare System prohibits discrimination based on arbitrary consideration of such characteristics such as race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), affectual or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or limitation, medical condition, genetic information, or veteran or military status, as well as any other legally protected class of persons and acts, in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws.