REGISTERED NURSE RESIDENCY PROGRAM
WINTER – DECEMBER 2023
Medical/Surgical Units – Neuro, Surgical, Ortho, General, Observation
Other Unit Opportunities – Behavioral Health, Telemetry,
Specialty Units – Emergency, Critical Care (limited availability)
The RN Residency Program at CentraState is designed to provide a structured transition into practice for newly licensed Registered Nurses at CentraState Healthcare System. The program includes preceptor-ship, progressive clinical experience, didactic, and simulation experience. This twelve-month orientation offers great flexibility in meeting your individual needs. It is a time for continued learning, as well as an opportunity to develop the confidence and comfort to work independently in the hospital setting.
RN Resident Program Details:
- Completed over the course of 12 months, our program is focused on giving the newly licensed RN a strong foundation of key elements in the nursing profession such as:
- Critical Thinking
- Professional Development
- Our goal is to provide a supportive environment that builds confidence and competence through:
- Structured didactic content and curriculum
- Simulated lab experiences led by committed staff
- Informal mentoring and coaching
- Dedicated clinical preceptors who guide learning to ensure you progress at your own pace and acquire skills necessary to establish clinical competency and independent practice
- Be hired as a full-time, benefit eligible employee
- Competitive starting pay and total rewards package
- Balance between classroom learning and on-the-floor exposure
- Be paired with a trained and experienced preceptor on your unit
- Given a gradual increase in responsibility over time
- Will receive off-unit experience with the Wound Care Team and Respiratory Therapy Department.
- Build on your clinical, technical, and critical thinking skills
- Learn effective delegation and organizational skills
- Constant engagement with assigned nurse educator, nurse manager and preceptor to ensure clinical skill & critical thinking development
- Must be a newly or soon-to-be licensed RN with less than one year of working RN experience.
- Must have a BSN or ASN degree, passed the NCLEX and have NJ RN license prior to start date.
- Must have BLS certification prior to start date.
- All offers will be for Full Time only. No guarantee of shift (may be selected to work day or night shift upon completion of orientation)
- Start date will be December 11, 2023.
CentraState Healthcare System, a partner of Atlantic Health System, is a fully accredited, not-for-profit, community-based health system that provides comprehensive health services in the central New Jersey region. In addition to offering a full range of leading-edge diagnostic and treatment options, CentraState serves as a valuable health partner focused on the latest ways to prevent disease, promote healthy behaviors, and help people of all ages live life well. Based in Freehold, CentraState is comprised of a 284-bed acute-care hospital, a vibrant health and wellness campus, three award-winning senior living communities, a charitable foundation, and convenient satellite health pavilions offering primary care and specialty physician practices, along with access to outpatient services, such as lab and physical therapy. The system also offers a family medicine residency and geriatric fellowship training program in affiliation with Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. Among its many honors and accreditations, CentraState is one of less than two percent of hospitals nationwide to earn Magnet® designation for nursing excellence four times and was designated a Great Place to Work-Certified™ Company by Great Place to Work® for the second consecutive year.
When you bring your talent to CentraState, you are joining a trailblazing health-care facility, committed to providing high-quality, patient-focused care. Join us in making incredible strides in health care, and making a difference in our community. We believe in enriching the lives of our employees through work/life balance initiatives, tuition assistance, career advancement opportunities and much more.
Find out why our employees love their jobs and being part of the CentraState family!
What We Offer:
- Highly competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package and rewards program
- 403(b) retirement plan with company match
- 401(a) retirement plan with employer contribution
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Profit Sharing Program
- Growth Opportunity and Workforce Development Initiatives
- Continuing Education / Onsite Training
- A warm, welcoming company culture based upon mutual respect and a collaborative goal of providing excellent patient care
- Concierge Services with Work & Family Benefits
- Magnet recognized health-care facility
At CentraState Healthcare System, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
CentraState Healthcare System, is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and, therefore, abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual or affectional orientation, national origin or nationality, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, protected veteran status, ancestry, marital status.